Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NHTSA recently published their 2010 results. The Sonata and BMW 5 series were the only two to score the perfect 5 start rating. However, when looking closer at the details the NHTSA specifically scored Hyundai Sonata models manufactured before 07/02/2010 worse than those after?

Can anyone help me understand what changed for models manufactured after 07/02/2010? Luckily mine was manufactured on 08/10/2010.

http://www.safercar.gov/staticfiles/ncap-2...rly_Release.htm

"To be reported as a Footnote: Frontal crash test results are valid for 2011 model year vehicles manufactured before July 2, 2010."

Regards,

·
Registered
817 Posts
I wonder if I could have my crumple zone adjusted?

:wacko:

·
Registered
533 Posts
All 2011 Sonatas so far have been made in 2010 and if not, call my broker I'm really buying stock in Hyundai because they can make the future happen.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Oct 14 2010, 03:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363540

no its something that cant be adjusted. its during the fabrication process.

also after watching the videos, the newer models are slightly heavier and more rigid. the early models seem to crumple a little more. Not a big deal

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (dsx724 @ Oct 14 2010, 11:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363619
:whistling: :460:
methinks the elephant is dancing on my less rigid Sonatas crumple zones...

Maybe Shark will come out with a crumple zone retrofit kit... :whistling:

·
Registered
533 Posts
So should I sue for another improvement I was denied? The way I figure it.........Hyundai develops the car just so far and they run out of capital and then they start selling some to raise money to finish the product to what they really wanted it to be in the first place. This is just unacceptable and there should be some sort of congressional investigation, I am sure there is fraud here. :bwekk:

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you want to know if Good, Clean Living pays off, my Ltd's build date was 7-2-10.

.....AND, I try to drive (defensively, too) so as not to Prove Anything about its Crumple Zone!
Allow distance for an 18-wheeler between you and the car in front and your Sonata will live longer. It's a must here - we must be the "rear-end-er" Capital of the world......

I must say, Bingo Steve, that were your analysis of Hyundai really serious, you couldn't make it through each day with Congress in session. Enjoy your Sonata!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ Oct 15 2010, 06:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363633
So should I sue for another improvement I was denied? The way I figure it.........Hyundai develops the car just so far and they run out of capital and then they start selling some to raise money to finish the product to what they really wanted it to be in the first place. This is just unacceptable and there should be some sort of congressional investigation, I am sure there is fraud here. :bwekk:
LMFAO!

·
Registered
738 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Oct 14 2010, 06:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363540

Of course you can, it is an aftermarket mod...

Take you Sonata to a really good Chiropractor, one who has a very large adjustment couch.......

You can Thank Me later, Invoice in the mail, no animals were harmed during the post of this comment...

:grin: :banana:

·
Registered
533 Posts
QUOTE (CraigS26 @ Oct 15 2010, 08:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363644
If you want to know if Good, Clean Living pays off, my Ltd's build date was 7-2-10.

.....AND, I try to drive (defensively, too) so as not to Prove Anything about its Crumple Zone!
Allow distance for an 18-wheeler between you and the car in front and your Sonata will live longer. It's a must here - we must be the "rear-end-er" Capital of the world......

I must say, Bingo Steve, that were your analysis of Hyundai really serious, you couldn't make it through each day with Congress in session. Enjoy your Sonata!
I hope you know it was tongue in cheek since there is another thread from down under alleging a conspiracy of sorts.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
they Made the crumple zones in the front slightly more rigid to perform better in the crash tests for a better rating. According to some information I dug up they did this because they were shy of the next "star" rating. If you want to know exactly what was made differently then call up Hyundai engineering dept.

Now for the dancing elephant... If you can find me a real lifelike purple one you can bring it to my house to dance all over my sonata...

I agree with everyone else, just drive defensively and be safe out on the road.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (Smoke1991 @ Oct 15 2010, 04:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363733
Now for the dancing elephant... If you can find me a real lifelike purple one you can bring it to my house to dance all over my sonata...
How about a blue one?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts