Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the procedure to properly bleed the brakes on a 2011 Sonata? I just picked up a pneumatic brake bleeder device, but was hoping someone could offer me some info specific to my vehicle. Many thanks!

·
Registered
882 Posts
get a piece of vinyl pipe, I think it's 1/4 in ID, put on the bleeding hose, loosen the hose, press the brake pedal to bleed the brake. Don't let the reservoir run dry, refill it if necessary. Wipe clean after bleeding, the brake fluid will eat the paint or coating. 32oz of brake fluid is way enough

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I use pressure bleeder,, take and run oil out of each front to empty the bottle to the port at master..

Refill bottle with new oil, and run fronts to get clean clear fluid..

Run each rear for good "25" count for clear fluid, and be done..

Verify pedal,, I go out in our back lot and stand on pedal to make ABS pump run,, then do same in reverse 2 times

That all I do for flush or bleed with the 122 brake tube recall back in day

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do I need an ABS Scan tool to properly do this job? Thanks to all who have responded , your help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Do I need an ABS Scan tool to properly do this job? Thanks to all who have responded , your help is greatly appreciated!
No.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You can complete this job with just a hose for the bleeder valves. You are way overthinking this.

So true. Just wrench , tube and a bottle. Have someone push to floor while you open the bleeder. Close at the bottom as he pumps it up a bit then repeat till no more bubbles. Refill master cyl then move on to next wheel.r
Takes a bit more time but works every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
I like the design of the motive products power bleeder and copied it using a 1 gal. sprayer with air gauge, some quick disconnect for the 1/4 hose and a round electrical box with threaded rods, chains, wing nuts and rubber gasket to seal the reservoir. Been using it for many years now on all my vehicles and its great for a one man job. It also reduces the chance of introducing air into the system vs. the old fashion 2 man job as mentioned above.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I like the design of the motive products power bleeder and copied it using a 1 gal. sprayer with air gauge, some quick disconnect for the 1/4 hose and a round electrical box with threaded rods, chains, wing nuts and rubber gasket to seal the reservoir. Been using it for many years now on all my vehicles and its great for a one man job. It also reduces the chance of introducing air into the system vs. the old fashion 2 man job as mentioned above.
It doesn’t have to be a two-person job with the old school method ?. I use a broom stick to depress the pedal. My favorite is just gravity bleeding - takes a while but I get lots of chores done.

I was just illustrating this is such an easy maintenance item. I have the fancy power bleeders and reservoir attachments.

·
Registered
505 Posts
That is a good recipe to introduce air into the system. I would not recommend it. Sure, its doable, but why risk it? I won't. Done the 2 person old fashion way for a long time and the motive bleeder is my preferred way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts