Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my brand new 2011 Sonata in early November. From the minute I drove it home there was static on the FM radio. The Bluetooth would not connect to any phone we own, .. on a consistent basis. My primary phone is a Samsung Impression. No list shows that this phone is a phone that will not be compatible with the Sonata. I even went so far as to have Samsung troubleshoot the equipment and then ordered a new phone. I didn’t want to take the car into the dealer and have them require a new phone PRIOR to them getting down to the business of fixing the problem. Even with the new phone the Bluetooth still did not connect the way it should. Finally took it in to the dealer last week. The "manager" sat in the car with me trying to recreate the problem. He insisted that he had not heard of any consistent reports of this issue with the 2011 Sonata. ( Although, I found many postings of this same issue on this forum site).
Long story short, they kept my car for 5 days (including the weekend). The exact Bluetooth connectivity problem did occur for them the next morning after dropping the car (just as I had described). They did an update on the radio/unit. Next day...same problem. After suggesting that the unit needed to be replaced in order to correct the problem… they did. Guess what?,... every phone I own works and connects immediately when I enter the car. The static is gone from the FM radio too. Please don't think it's your phone, the weather, your own lack of computer literacy, or some person at the dealer acting like he "knows more than you". There seems to be an inherent problem with some radio/Bluetooth units on the 2011 Sonata. You aren't crazy if your 2011 Sonata Bluetooth/connectivity does not work correctly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got a Bluetooth compatible phone and 'paired' it with my new 2011 Sonata SE, also purchased in mid-November. It would not respond to the 'incoming call' button even though I could make outgoing calls. Later in the day it wouldn't connect either automatically or manually. I subsequently 'deleted' the phone and paired it in again. It remains to be seen how long and how well this lasts, but I believe I share the same concerns. I thought it was the phone since it wouldn't connect to our Garmin either, but then it did. So I'm monitoring the situation. This cellphone IS on the Hyundai list of phones that are compatible.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll let everyone know if this continues to be an issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been having similar severe problems with my Samsung Solstice and bluetooth on the Sonata. The current problem is that it is no longer importing my contact list, but that's just the most recent thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (blacksapphirez @ Dec 21 2010, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382257
i have to manually connect, not once but twice every time

i have samsung fascinate from verizon

I have the same phone and had the same problem. I had Verizon store give me a new phone and the problem got better but still has connection issues 20% of the time. Maybe on the next phone update it will go away. It could be the car software also. Not sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also having a problem with the bluetooth system, my phone, a samsung zeal will pair with the car but then instead of working correctly, whenever the phone and car sync up the car will continually make an annoying beeping noise until the phone is unpaired or moved from the car, anyone else have or have had this problem with any phone?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (UncleRico @ Dec 28 2010, 02:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=384219
I am also having a problem with the bluetooth system, my phone, a samsung zeal will pair with the car but then instead of working correctly, whenever the phone and car sync up the car will continually make an annoying beeping noise until the phone is unpaired or moved from the car, anyone else have or have had this problem with any phone?
I had a 2011 Sonata rental car that did the beep thing when I paired my iphone 3gs to it. I ended up pulling off the freeway and messing with it for a while with no luck. Then I tried turning off the phone (i never do that) and starting the pairing sequence from scratch. It worked just fine after that. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts