Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have spent the past 2 hours trying to get my Craftsmen 1/2HP Garage Door opener to work with my new Sonata's homelink. I have looked through the various post concerning this and tried all the suggestions with no luck. I am extremely tech savvy so I do not feel I am doing anything wrong, but I am at my wits end. Any suggestions on getting this to work would be great!

·
Registered
533 Posts
If your door opener has rolling codes you must go to the opener and hit the learning button and then go to the car within 30 seconds and hit the button you programmed already then it should work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suggest going to homelink.com. We have a Chamberlain WhisperDrive belt drive door opener. The website told us that we had to "pair" up the remote with the HomeLink button by holding the opener remote about one inch from the HomeLink button, pressing both the remote and the car button at the same time until you see a rapid blinking light on your HomeLink button. Then press LEARN on your door opener. This should do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ Jun 22 2010, 10:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335420
If your door opener has rolling codes you must go to the opener and hit the learning button and then go to the car within 30 seconds and hit the button you programmed already then it should work.

So are you saying to program with the garage door opener remote first and then do the learn for the rolling codes on the actual motor part? I will have to give that a try if that is what you are saying.

THANKS

·
Registered
533 Posts
QUOTE (uscfsu23 @ Jun 22 2010, 11:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335435
So are you saying to program with the garage door opener remote first and then do the learn for the rolling codes on the actual motor part? I will have to give that a try if that is what you are saying.

THANKS
That is EXACTLY what I am saying. It explains it in the manual to program normally and if it doesn't work to then go to your garage door opener unit and hit the learn button and I believe the only thing to do after that is hit the homelink button you just programmed and BAM the garage door actually starts to go up or down depending on what position the door is already in.

This has been SOP for me in every car I have had in the last ten years or so that had homelink.

·
Registered
932 Posts
When I first got my Sonata I had an old opener that didn't have the rolling codes. Then my door decided to break and when I replaced it decided to replace the opener at the same time. This was the first I've ever had to deal with rolling codes. It as frustrating at first but eventually got it to work by reading the post RamKat linked to. Or follow the instructions that Bingo Steve laid out.

·
Registered
589 Posts
First, clear the system by holding the 2 outward buttons for over 20 seconds... until light starts blinking rapidly. You should do this when selling the car as well.
Second, program the remote into Homelink. This is the main trick: use the LARGE remote (not a little one), AND TOUCH THE MIRROR WITH THE REMOTE. Don't know why, but 1" hasn't been close enough on most of my cars.
And finally, program Homelink into the opener following manufacturer's instructions. And yes, it's going to be a button on the opener (get a ladder), then you need to click Homelink once until a 'click' is heard, then again to operate door, all within 30 seconds. Have a good one folks. Will be back in a few more weeks :grin:.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ Jun 23 2010, 06:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335481
That is EXACTLY what I am saying. It explains it in the manual to program normally and if it doesn't work to then go to your garage door opener unit and hit the learn button and I believe the only thing to do after that is hit the homelink button you just programmed and BAM the garage door actually starts to go up or down depending on what position the door is already in.

This has been SOP for me in every car I have had in the last ten years or so that had homelink.
Sounds good! I will try that tonight. For some reason I understood the steps to be separate... either you do the steps using the remote control or you use the learn button on the actual garage door opener.... So I reseting the homelink after every try.

THANKS GUYS!

·
Registered
61 Posts
:banana: I got mine to work!!!

I had gotten the Homelink to work, but then couldn't get the 2 remotes to work.

I just gave it one more try. I was up on my step ladder with the remotes and held them next to the oper unit, puched the learn button and cycled the remotes on and off. It worked, both remotes now opened the garage door.

Now to the Sonata. I backed the car out of the garage (as recommended in the manual) pushed the learn button and held the Homelink button on for two seconds, three times. Nothing! I went through this proceedure about 4 times before getting frustrated and moved the ladder and pulled the Sonata into the garage directly below the opener unit. Heck, might as well tryit one more time. Moved the ladder as close as I could get, leaned over and pushed the learn button. Held the Homelink button down for two seconds, released and tried a second time.

It worked!!!!!!

It appears the effective range of the "learn" button signal is much less than the Homelink range. Before you give up, I'd give this a try.

Good luck to all and happy motoring in your 2011 Hyundai Sonata.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you so much for the clarification of the instructions! I combined the the two sync steps and now my homelink is up and running!!!!! :beer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (millk18 @ Jun 22 2010, 10:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335422
I suggest going to homelink.com. We have a Chamberlain WhisperDrive belt drive door opener. The website told us that we had to "pair" up the remote with the HomeLink button by holding the opener remote about one inch from the HomeLink button, pressing both the remote and the car button at the same time until you see a rapid blinking light on your HomeLink button. Then press LEARN on your door opener. This should do it.
I was disappointed when my salesman told me that HomeLink did not work with the Craftsman garage door opener. So, for the past six days I have been using my remote to open the door, which is fine, but it irked me every time I looked at the HomeLink buttons on the rear view mirror. That is until today when I read this post. I followed the instructions on the HomeLink site and it worked the first time!

I just love it when things work! Many thanks guys! :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts