Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What age group do you think is buying the 2011 sonatas. Whenever I see one on the road I see old people driving it, but then again I live in FL. IMO it appeals to all ages. What do you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im 32 and love my Sonata. I do however see a lot of old heads in new Sonatas. Surprisingly they dont have the fake rag top things that the older folks seem to love down here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 1 2010, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337898
What age group do you think is buying the 2011 sonatas. Whenever I see one on the road I see old people driving it, but then again I live in FL. IMO it appeals to all ages. What do you think?

Well, I probably count as old at 38, but I love the Sonata.

·
Banned
630 Posts
32 here..I got the SE to keep me young :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
26 here. I saw a woman driving one exactly like mine and she had to be in her mid 20's. All the rest I have seen have been in parking lots, so I can't say there.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Gulp. Well, I'll bite. 51 in a few days...you young'uns probably think I have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, but that's OK. Minimal greay hair and 75lbs. lighter than I was a year ago, so I decided to treat myself to a new car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 1 2010, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337898
Statisticlly speaking, you could probably pick any make/model and see more older people driving them in FL. Most people are probably either 1) born there, 2) tourists on vacation, or 3) retired. :thumbsup:

That aside, I would imagine the Sonata to be more attractive to the middle agers in denial like me. Old enough to have a family, practical enough to know I shouldn't be driving a 400+hp coupe (but still wants an attractive car), and smart enough to know what the word value means.

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (vewdew @ Jul 1 2010, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337929
Statisticlly speaking, you could probably pick any make/model and see more older people driving them in FL. Most people are probably either 1) born there, 2) tourists on vacation, or 3) retired. :thumbsup:

That aside, I would imagine the Sonata to be more attractive to the middle agers in denial like me. Old enough to have a family, practical enough to know I shouldn't be driving a 400+hp coupe (but still wants an attractive car), and smart enough to know what the word value means.

I agree... I'm 39 and I like the style and practicality of the Sonata. Although I still look longingly at the coupes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Im 19 and i love my sonata.... its the 1st car that i have all on my own and i have my neighbor who is in his early 20s and has one also

i do see alot of older people driving them though....well older than me anyways im probably the youngest person here haha :thumbsup:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Old to me is 55 plus. I'm 28 btw.

·
Registered
21 Posts
52, folickly challenged, kids and grandson. Yup, I'm one of the old folks ! :grin:

But I love my Sonata !

·
1,914 Posts
Most people I have seen have been in their late 20's to early 40's. This week 3 of my neighbors bought Sonata's. One bought a GLS with PEP in harbor gray, another bought a black SE, and the other bought a base GLS in the pearl white. I think it's safe to say Sonata's are a huge hit.

Here is the list of top selling car for last month. Seeing how GM throws alot of malibu's and ford throws alot of fusion's into fleet, I'd bet if you took fleet numbers out of the equation, the Sonata would beat out both. I don't see as many Sonata rentals as I used to.

Top 10 Best-Selling Cars June 2010

Ford F-Series: 46,502
Chevrolet Silverado: 30,994
Toyota Camry: 28,435
Honda Accord: 26,792 (includes 1,848 Accord Crosstours)
Honda Civic: 26,474 (includes hybrid)
Toyota Corolla: 21,876
Chevrolet Malibu: 20,720
Ford Fusion: 18,412
Hyundai Sonata: 17,771
Honda CR-V: 16,041

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm 32 but often told I look alot younger. I'm not surprised
this car appeals to such a wide demographic. It's a practical
four door sedan with plenty of room that also looks great.

This is the first four door sedan I've ever had. Prior to this
it was all coupes. I always thought all sedans out there
were for old folks but this car completely changed that
perception for me. This is a four door I don't mind being
seen in.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts