Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2011 SF LTD I noticed that the front dome/map lights do not come on when I open the door. I am pretty sure that they are supposed to come on when you open the door.

I checked the manual and have pushed the button that says Door in and out. Both positions same result, no map lights with door open. If you press the map light buttons, they both work fine.

Am I correct that the front map lights should come on when you open the door? The rear dome light comes on but not the map lights.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
How would I check that?

The rear dome light comes on but not the map lights.

I would think if it was the switch that none of the lights would come on.

Thanks for the reply.
You are probably right! If the other lights work, it may not be the door switch.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My 2007 Limited AWD lights up only the dome light over the rear passenger seat when any of the 4 doors are opened. The same light, plus the light above the rear hatch light up when the hatch is opened. The map lights work only when switched on.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems odd, but going to try this. This is from the owners manual. Map lights are currently in the off position. Seems weird to leave the map light in the on position all the time but I guess depressing the Door button keeps it from being on all the time. There obviously has to be a reason that there is a Door button. Maybe the map lights were on and the car wash guys turned them off.

Map lamp
This light produces a spot beam for convenient
use as a map lamp at night or as
a personal lamp for the driver and front
passenger.
• : Push the switch to turn the
map lamp on or off.
• DOOR : If the map lamp is pressed in,
the light will turn on when the
door is opened and turned off
when the door is closed. To
disable the DOOR mode