Hyundai Forums banner

2011 Se 2.0t New Owner

8K views 49 replies 24 participants last post by  Nephrodoc 
#1 ·
Picked up a Blue Silver SE 2.0T with sunroof and NAV today for well below invoice. Dealer got around eight 2.0T's in over a couple days and I liked this one the best.

I commute around 500 miles a week and I think the SE 2.0T is gonna work really well for me.

I'll post some pics and impressions over the next several days. I'm looking forward to contributing here.

#2 ·
QUOTE (watchdoc @ Oct 19 2010, 11:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364720
Picked up a Blue Silver SE 2.0T with sunroof and NAV today for well below invoice. Dealer got around eight 2.0T's in over a couple days and I liked this one the best.

I commute around 500 miles a week and I think the SE 2.0T is gonna work really well for me.

I'll post some pics and impressions over the next several days. I'm looking forward to contributing here.
Congrat's on the new Car! 500 miles a week, ouch. Hey how much "well below invoice"? Most 2011 owners are paying close to MSRP. :innocent:

#3 ·
Sticker for my SE 2.0T with Sunroof and NAV was $27,850 and I paid $25,910 pretax. They allowed me $23,848 for my 2009 base Venza 4cyl with 18k miles. I paid $24k for the Venza brand new a year ago so I have no idea why they would do such a good deal but I'm not argueing. I figure he must have had a buyer lined up for the Venza.

#7 ·
Congrats! I'm pretty sure you are the first turbo owner on the site. Seems like you got a fair deal.

Why did you get rid of the Venza? I see a lot of 09's for sale around here, especially 4 cylinders. I drove a loaded up 6 cylinder before and I don't think they are that bad.

Be sure to let us know your first impressions. I know many people will want to know who are considering the turbo.

#9 ·
That's encouraging that you got such a great price. I have no idea what to expect from my dealer. I've shown quite a bit of interest so they will probably try to stick it to me. The sticker price for the SE 2.0T no nav that I test drove was just over 25k. The only extras were $100 floor mats and the $35 ipod cable.

#11 ·
Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.

My initial impression is there is NO turbo lag. The engine is ultra quiet and the power is very smooth and linear.

Overall, the car feels alot like my old 03 Audi A6 2.7tt in terms of power and ride.

My biggest complaints so far is the heavy numb steering and the flat seats.

#12 ·

Attachments

#13 ·
QUOTE (watchdoc @ Oct 20 2010, 12:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364720

I hate you....kidding , congrats. We are jealous.

#18 ·
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Oct 20 2010, 01:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364894
Very cool! Can you do me a favor and confirm whether your car has the automatic dual zone climate control. I've seen several places say this is a standard feature of the SE 2.0T, and others that say there are not any new features on the turbo version compared to a 2.4 SE.

Yes, mine has dual zone climate control as did all the other 2.0 Turbos they had.

Mine does not have HD radio or a larger NAV screen as some people have speculated.

#20 ·
QUOTE (BuCwiLd @ Oct 20 2010, 02:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364907
i would really like to get this model but i dont see the dealer budging below msrp for this model.. frocing to probably go with the reg SE
I was able to get a huge discount within hours of the turbos hitting the ground. There is no shortage of these cars. My local dealer got 8 in the first weekend with more on the way.

My advice, go drive one. If you like it, get on the phone to the internet sales departments of every dealer within 100 miles and I bet you find a dealer willing to sell at or near invoice in most markets.

Anybody that wants mine for a $1000 off msrp can come get it and I will get another one.... :thumbsup:

#21 ·
QUOTE (watchdoc @ Oct 20 2010, 03:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364911
I was able to get a huge discount within hours of the turbos hitting the ground. There is no shortage of these cars. My local dealer got 8 in the first weekend with more on the way.

My advice, go drive one. If you like it, get on the phone to the internet sales departments of every dealer within 100 miles and I bet you find a dealer willing to sell at or near invoice in most markets.

Anybody that wants mine for a $1000 off msrp can come get it and I will get another one.... :thumbsup:
would you be willing to hook us up with your dealer? I would be willing to drive to NC to pick one up as long as the price was right, as you said near invoice.

#22 ·
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Oct 20 2010, 05:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364787
Mods -

should not this be moved to the Sonata Turbo section of the board?

Just askin...

Otherwise, congrats to watchdoc.
Why do we have separate forums for the turbo? 4G doesn't have a separate V6 forum.

We can't get things treaded into sections (performance, wheels and tires, electrical, general) but we can do up a separate hybrid forum so about 7 people can talk about their hybrid... lame.

#23 ·
QUOTE (BuCwiLd @ Oct 20 2010, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364913
would you be willing to hook us up with your dealer? I would be willing to drive to NC to pick one up as long as the price was right, as you said near invoice.

I'll put you in touch with my salesman personally. Anybody that is interested just PM me and I'll forward you his cell phone # until they tell me otherwise.

#24 ·
QUOTE (Ayces @ Oct 20 2010, 02:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364915
Why do we have separate forums for the turbo? 4G doesn't have a separate V6 forum.

We can't get things treaded into sections (performance, wheels and tires, electrical, general) but we can do up a separate hybrid forum so about 7 people can talk about their hybrid... lame.
I agree. I think that the 2011 Sonata should just have one forum. I realize that since the Hybrids and Turbos are new theyre going to dominate the topics for a while, but I think this is all information that applies to the vehicle itself, and by splitting it up into a total of 3 forums makes things more difficult to find. Like you said, there are not subforums for V6s or other engine choices for the other cars, so why this one?

#26 ·
We decided to make seperate sub- forums because there were so many turbo topics being started. It's easier for someone interested in a turbo or a hybrid to just go to that sub-forum rather than having to root thru all of the posts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.