Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom has a 2011 Santa Fe with factory remote start. Last year, everything worked perfectly. This year, the heater blower will not start until the key is actually in the vehicle, leading me to believe that the accessory circuit from the remote may have a blown fuse somewhere. Anyone know where this fuse might be located? Or am I way off base, and you have another theory (programming etc)? Any help is greatly appreciated!

James

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Do not own a vehicle with factory remote start and have never had occasion to install one, but what the heck - I'm always good for a wild guess. Does it matter if the climate control is left in the "Auto" mode rather than one of the manually modified states?

I assume that if she gets in and starts the car normally, the climate control system kicks on all of its own accord?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have a 2012 Santa Fe w/ the remote start and same problem here. I checked the owners manual and it says to leave the air/heat on and when the car is started car will cool or heat also. Well it never worked. I'm thinking it has something to do w/ Ign 1 or 2 whichever controls the climate control.
Anyone have any clues yet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is fuses in remote start module,and 2(15amp) fuses control havc circuits.i have pictures if you want or need,I just replaced mine to fix same problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having this same issue on my 2013 Hyundai Elantra. I've quickly checked some of the fuses and didn't see any blown. I can't find my installation instructions for the remote starter so not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the remote start on my wife's 2011 SF and have never tried it. LOL... How do you use it? I will then check to see if the SF heats...

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I believe you need training.

Push the respective button if you're in range it should start and/or attempt to start at least. Older systems would run for a long time while the newer ones I believe turn off after a while if you don't go in and put the key in the ignition.

I get locked out of my SF if I don't open the door quick enough after remote unlocking it. I am not used to these locks even yet since opening the drivers door does not unlock the other doors and I find I have to go back in or use the remote again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is fuses in remote start module,and 2(15amp) fuses control havc circuits.i have pictures if you want or need,I just replaced mine to fix same problem
Would appreciate info on the location of thos module, please. Web searches aren't helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this same issue on my 2013 Hyundai Elantra. I've quickly checked some of the fuses and didn't see any blown. I can't find my installation instructions for the remote starter so not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated.
Remote box is above inside fuse box, 2 zip ties held mine in, fuses are inside cover with black label on it, tab is at the top. You can feel tab but I had to cut zip ties and drop down to get cover off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts