Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 santa fe and have a problem with water leak from the tray in the sunroof. When the tray overflows the water goes inside the cabin by the driver's seat. I tried to unclog the two drain holes at the corner of the tray with a 6 feet wire; however, the wire at around 5 feet stops and cannot go any further on either side. Have any in the forum experience similar problem. I was expecting to see the wire coming out somewhere under the car but it did no happen. Any ideas on how to unclog it are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Compressed air works much better than trying to use wire. If you don't have the resources to do that, any shop can do it. What condition are all the seals in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Compressed air works much better than trying to use wire. If you don't have the resources to do that, any shop can do it. What condition are all the seals in?
I noticed the seal facing the rear was loose. The front and side seals are a little hardened and may not be sealing correclty. I pour some water on the sunroof and water came in through the seals- so, I will replace the seals if that is what I need to do. I do not have an air compressor, so I will take the car to a mechanic to blow off the drain lines.
Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts