Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new here and have had an ongoing issue with our 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5l.. it runs great then all of a sudden there will be no throttle response and it’ll start bogging out/engine will just die, it sometimes starts back up right away, if not it’ll just crank and push a bunch of white smoke out of the exhaust.. when this first happened, the check engine light came on then instantly the gas light, then all the other dash gauges started flickering then the car just shut off with no throttle response, the battery was weak so I replaced that and it has been fine for about two weeks until yesterday it started doing it again, anybody know what would cause this? I scanned it and the code: P2106 popped up, maybe throttle body position sensor? (Couldn’t find a part online for it??) when it’s cold the car is fine but when it’s fully warmed up it has the issue again?

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
I would look at scan data. Look at the freeze frame.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You changed the battery, but have you checked to see if the alternator is putting out around 14 volts? I have seen a few cars display issues when system has insufficient voltage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts