Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All :)

My parents just purchased a new 2011 Santa Fe earlier this evening for the entire family. On the lot, the salesman was boasting about "how easy" it was to link up your compatible cell phone (which, my Iphone 3gs is). When he went through the Setup button on the NON-Nav XM radio system..the bluetooth just flashed "System Not Ready Please Wait." He fumbled around and tried again...and then it started pouring rain. I told him I would read through the manual and figure it out.

Three hours later, the system is still flashing the "not ready" signal. The bluetooth does not even attempt to connect..it simply does not move on to the next window from the initial Setup button. I also tried "resetting" the audio system by pulling out and replacing the large black unlabeled fuse in the fuse box (by the drive seat) that I read somewhere else on this forum helped to reset the XM radio. I figured it couldn't hurt (it didn't) but it also didn't help.

I am planning on contacting the Service Manager tomorrow, but I have a feeling this may be a long drawn out battle :(

Isn't it frustrating when toys don't work out of the box? Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

My Santa Fe is pre-bluetooth, but my Elantra was easy to set up.

Are you able to access any of the bluetooth setup menus? If so, how far do you get? If not, I suspect you'll need the dealer's help for this one.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
You pair the phone through the speak button, not the 'SETUP' button. Follow this little spiel with your phone ready to enter 'seek'

1. Press the speak button (bottom left w/pictogram of talking head)
2. After the beep, say, "Setup."
3. Bluetooth will rattle off the options. After the beep, say "Pair Phone"
4. Car will say, "Pair Phone. Say yes to proceed. Otherwise say back or cancel."
5. Say yes. The car will respond it is 'Searching for a Bluetooth phone' and that the passkey is 0000.
6. The car's system should show up as 'SantaFe' on your phone's display.

For some odd reason, I've not had to enter the passkey the last time I paired my phone so you may not have to. Hopefully this helps but if it doesn't, then there's something wrong with your Bluetooth. Don't let the service manager push you around. You just paid top-dollar for a new car and it should be perfect. Since the car is so new, they'll probably bend over backwards to make sure you're happy but you never know. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Apr 28 2011, 04:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=437397
You pair the phone through the speak button, not the 'SETUP' button. Follow this little spiel with your phone ready to enter 'seek'

1. Press the speak button (bottom left w/pictogram of talking head)
2. After the beep, say, "Setup."
3. Bluetooth will rattle off the options. After the beep, say "Pair Phone"
4. Car will say, "Pair Phone. Say yes to proceed. Otherwise say back or cancel."
5. Say yes. The car will respond it is 'Searching for a Bluetooth phone' and that the passkey is 0000.
6. The car's system should show up as 'SantaFe' on your phone's display.

For some odd reason, I've not had to enter the passkey the last time I paired my phone so you may not have to. Hopefully this helps but if it doesn't, then there's something wrong with your Bluetooth. Don't let the service manager push you around. You just paid top-dollar for a new car and it should be perfect. Since the car is so new, they'll probably bend over backwards to make sure you're happy but you never know. Let us know how you make out.
Thank for your response,

I tried what you've suggested and the system still flashes the same "System not ready" message.

:(

I will update you all on what the dealer says.

Thanks again!!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Yeah....there's something wrong with it. Look forward to hearing what they say is wrong. :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
They replaced my radio a month after picked up the car has the Bluetooth would not connect automatically anymore. And by the time they had the part and I had my appointment, it would not connect at all. Tried different phones, tried the "hard reset" with the transit fuse. still no success. Radio was replaced 5 months ago and no problem so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I tried to pair my galaxy s5 and got message system waiting etc after successfully pairing the s4 previously. Took to dealer to look over they disconnected the fuse but did not fix the problem. Called Hyundai corporate said no reset on that radio model. Dealer said to replace radio of course but not worth it for bluetooth everything else works. Frustrating! !

·
Registered
709 Posts
Before replacing the radio, see if your Santa Fe still connects to your S4.

If your S4 connects, than the Bluetooth part of your radio is working properly. Did you allow your S5 to accept the Santa Fe radio? I had this issue with my S2 until somebody on this forum pointed out that point. When you pair for the first time, there will be a message popping up on your phone to ask you to "trust", or something similar, your Santa Fe. Once you accept, it should connect without issue. Once I got my S5, I remembered that little bit of information and was able to connect right away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have same problem with connection with Bluetooth.
I am going to setup button and click phone pair then I open my iPhone setting and find santa fe appeared
and click on it then hear from the radio that connection is complete . Then I open you tube from my phone and chose any music but not transferred to the radio so why please?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I've had problems with pairing failing on my SF with my Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine phone that I never had with my old HTC One E8 phone.

I downloaded an app (Bluetooth Auto Connect 4.6.2) from the Play Store and I have it set up so that, when I press my phone's home button to light up the display, it "kick starts" the connection. This usually works but every now and then, every two or three weeks, I get "pairing failed" and have to re-pair the phone and car. Clearing system cache and app caches seems to help, but it's still something that shouldn't be necessary.

I have seen online that the problem is known with Samsung phones, especially with the more recent revs of Android. It's enough to make me never get another Samsung phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It has been a while since you posted but Im wondering have you got the problem fixed?
I purchase a 2018 Santa FE days before and I'm having the same problem - Showing the "Bluetooth not ready, please wait" message.
Just wanted to know if you had it fixed and how it got fixed at the end.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts