Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Sonata. The power points weren't working so I checked the fuses. They were blown so I replaced them. All was good for 2-3 days. Now the radio doesn't work. Everything else works fine. How do I reset the radio?

I've disconnected the battery and checked the fuses. Car has 127,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Its difficult to give advice as the auto and radio are somewhere else. I suspect something shorted out in the radio and that is why the fuses blew. Now with new fuses it doesn't work because of failed parts in the radio. My suggestion would be to get professional help to check the radio. I believe you have more problems than a reset situation. You could try sourcing a radio from a savage auto (junkyard). There are different radios in the 2011 Sonata so you need to source the same part that is in your auto. You will need to remove the radio and get the part number, maybe open up the radio and see if something is burnt up inside. You could look at aftermarket radios. Sorry, I'm not much help. Perhaps someone else will have some better suggestions.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I have a 2011 Sonata. The power points weren't working so I checked the fuses. They were blown so I replaced them. All was good for 2-3 days. Now the radio doesn't work. Everything else works fine. How do I reset the radio?

I've disconnected the battery and checked the fuses. Car has 127,000 miles on it.
Lots of miles. How has everything else held up?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The power points have never worked more than a few days since new. The dealer never did figure it out.

Other issues:

Currently has oil leak

Turbo stopped working 3 different times and was fixed under warranty

Passenger seat rattles since new. Dealer refused to fix.

Very loud ride

Bright dash and gear shift lights that don't dim are annoying at night

Left Fog Light keeps burning out

Overall it's a good car to drive to work but I won't buy another Sonata. I won't buy another Hyundai but if I did I would look at the Genesis Sedan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
IceNC,

The factory head unit has 3 years / 60,000 miles or so. Ask your dealer but I think it's out of warranty.

The good news is you have plenty of them on ebay for real cheap.

Your lights aren't dimming? You have no brightness control on the left side of the steering wheel? Strange...

Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dimmer only dims some lights. Not all. The radio/temp display came back on and radio played for 15 mins then locked up but display was on. Now it display comes on sometimes but no radio, xm, cd etc.

Right now radio/clock/ temp display not lit and no audio.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ice,

I would seriously check the MEMORY circuit that gives constant power to the radio / clock / remote start and some other accessories that need to remain live all the time.

Look into your fuse box and locate the MEMORY fuse.

Pull it and put it back or change it. I've seen fuses testing good but they were bad.

Your problem is certainly around that circuit

The dimmer only dims some lights. Not all. The radio/temp display came back on and radio played for 15 mins then locked up but display was on. Now it display comes on sometimes but no radio, xm, cd etc.

Right now radio/clock/ temp display not lit and no audio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This morning radio came on when the car started but no sound. It stays on a time and temp and every few minutes it catches up. Now it's going between FM, XM, and to the no phone detected. No sound but a few days ago I had sound but couldn't change stations. Drive 5 hours yesterday and it never came on. No audio and no clock/ temp display.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts