Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the community. Having issues with my 2011 sonata. She is a 2.0 I've had it for about 2.5 years. Recently she has been lossing power while driving. I step on the gas and she just doesnt go. Like something is choking her. It was happening periodically but now yesterday and today there is no power at all. Please help

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have you had the voltage checked on the turbo wastegate actuator? It may need to be adjusted.

And when you say today there is no power, do you mean the car doesnt cut on or there is a lack of power when pressing the throttle/accelerator/gas pedal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lack of power when pressing the accelerator. And no it hasn't been tested yet. It recently started. Like within the past 2 weeks and now within the past 2 days it has gotten severely worse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you had the voltage checked on the turbo wastegate actuator? It may need to be adjusted.

And when you say today there is no power, do you mean the car doesnt cut on or there is a lack of power when pressing the throttle/accelerator/gas pedal?

Lack of power when pressing the accelerator. And no it hasn't been tested yet. It recently started. Like within the past 2 weeks and now within the past 2 days it has gotten severely worse

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yep, sounds like the wastegate actuator. You can either have it adjusted to within voltage spec (it drifts over time) or, if the assembly has developed broken gears (they're plastic), replace the part.

Part number is: 39400-2G700

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, sounds like the wastegate actuator. You can either have it adjusted to within voltage spec (it drifts over time) or, if the assembly has developed broken gears (they're plastic), replace the part.

Part number is: 39400-2G700
Awesome. Yea I went to advance and had the code checked. P2563. I'll do a little checking tonight under the hood to see if it needs replaced. Is this expensive?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Awesome. Yea I went to advance and had the code checked. P2563. I'll do a little checking tonight under the hood to see if it needs replaced. Is this expensive?
If it's just voltage drift and needs to be adjusted, it's a 20 minute job start to finish and free with the proper tools. Start with the engine cold. See attached and combine with this video to get it done yourself with a sewing needle jammed into the EWGA plug to check the voltage as you adjust, reattach, and iterate.

If you've gotta replace it...still not terrible...a few hundred dollars parts and labor, likely. You can grab the part for ~$200, and it's maybe an hour labor to swap it out. The rod should already be extended the proper amount for the voltage to be in spec if you buy a new assembly.

EDIT: If you're trying to determine which you need, just move the actuator rod back and forth by hand before doing anything else. If you feel any binding or spots where effort seems to be different (or nonexistent), it's likely some of the plastic gears in the actuator have broken. Not the best designed component on Hyundai's part, but relatively easy to deal with once you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's just voltage drift and needs to be adjusted, it's a 20 minute job start to finish and free with the proper tools. Start with the engine cold. See attached and combine with this video to get it done yourself with a sewing needle jammed into the EWGA plug to check the voltage as you adjust, reattach, and iterate.

If you've gotta replace it...still not terrible...a few hundred dollars parts and labor, likely. You can grab the part for ~$200, and it's maybe an hour labor to swap it out. The rod should already be extended the proper amount for the voltage to be in spec if you buy a new assembly.

EDIT: If you're trying to determine which you need, just move the actuator rod back and forth by hand before doing anything else. If you feel any binding or spots where effort seems to be different (or nonexistent), it's likely some of the plastic gears in the actuator have broken. Not the best designed component on Hyundai's part, but relatively easy to deal with once you know.
Well I got it apart this morning and found that the actuator is bad. This is not power when tested with the meter. Just sucks cause it's not something I have the money for at this time. So Sunny, is going to have to be parked till I have the money. Poor car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts