Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to start the car today and it will turn over but doesn't start. I tried to see if it had any codes but not codes present. What should I try? It has 82k and I am original owner. What does the 100k warranty cover?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you checked the battery? My battery didn't make it to 25,000 miles. Perhaps the summer heat has taken a toll on the battery. Call the Hyundai assurance line to get a jump or a tow.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Seems these Hyundai OEM batteries have quite a limited life. Can't recall the last time I had a battery fail in under five years.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
If you are having the crank but no start issue, you may have carbon buildup in your throttle body. Unfortunately, there is no warranty fix for this (service runs $169 @ dealer).

There is a forum topic covering this. In that topic, there is a PDF that shows what to do to clean it. Job isnt hard if you have the tools.

Also, try putting your key fob in the slot in the center console before pressing the start button. I had that happen to me once b/c the transmitter battery was almost dead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put a battery tender on it for a hour then attempted to start it with a jump box and it cranked right up. I will get the battery checked in the morning. It starts now with no problems. Weird

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Still check the throttle body if you can. I would get the no-start once or twice a year and could not figure it out. Once I had it cleaned, haven't had it since. I have 73K on my SE so I'm in the higher miles club like you.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
clean your key
some dirt or oils interfere wither the chip in the key and the vehicle security won't allow it to start

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
I put a battery tender on it for a hour then attempted to start it with a jump box and it cranked right up. I will get the battery checked in the morning. It starts now with no problems. Weird
Not weird at all.
That's exactly how a battery acts as it is failing.

Let me predict that it won't start tomorrow morning......unless you left the charger on it overnight. :(

When you get a new battery, charge it before installing and then get the alternator charging voltage checked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts