Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Recently bought a i10 ,1.2 Classic. My central locking open all the doors , but not the boot. When i lock it (from drivers door), it only locks that door. I have to manually lock the other 3 doors. It isnt a remote key fob,just an ordinary looking key. I have checked the fuse (inside ), and all looks fine As i have never owned an i10 ,i dont know if this is normal(it is a drag though). Wandering if someone here could tell me if this is how the locking works
Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T
No, that's not how central locking is supposed to work. Locking or unlocking the driver's door should also lock/unlock all the others.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
Thanks Autospark ! I had a feeling that this wasn’t right Any ideas or suggestions on what or where the problem could be?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I’ve tried the spare unfortunately it doesn’t work either I’m will try and praise the rubber grommet as you suggested & check the wires
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok took the rubber grommet & the boot trim off & looked at all the wires They all look fine from the bits I could see A lot of the wiring loom was wrapped in insulation tape I think it could be the lock actuator on the tailgate but will have to find a way to test it
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi yes on the wiring diagram ( Haynes) it shows 2 relays , unlock / lock Annoyingly it doesn’t show where they are I have looked under the drivers dash area but cant see it I have a bad feeling it could be buried behind the radio somewhere This would mean taking the dash of Unfortunately I don’t have the skills & knowledge to be able to do this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi thanks for your suggestions! Yes the battery is good I haven’t thought about the actuator being the problem Probably because I thought they only control the door they’re fitted on I will try as you suggest & hopefully it will sort it out Fingers cross

1 - 7 of 7 Posts