Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Recently bought a i10 ,1.2 Classic. My central locking open all the doors , but not the boot. When i lock it (from drivers door), it only locks that door. I have to manually lock the other 3 doors. It isnt a remote key fob,just an ordinary looking key. I have checked the fuse (inside ), and all looks fine As i have never owned an i10 ,i dont know if this is normal(it is a drag though). Wandering if someone here could tell me if this is how the locking works
Thank you

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,185 Posts
Wandering if someone here could tell me if this is how the locking works
No, that's not how central locking is supposed to work. Locking or unlocking the driver's door should also lock/unlock all the others.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T
No, that's not how central locking is supposed to work. Locking or unlocking the driver's door should also lock/unlock all the others.

Thanks Autospark ! I had a feeling that this wasn’t right Any ideas or suggestions on what or where the problem could be?
Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the remote fob with mine but when my boot stopped unlocking/locking it was a couple of broken wires (seems to be a common problem on i10's). Open the boot up and on the top left you'll see a thick rubber protector, pull that out and you'll see the wiring to be able check/repair it.

EDIT: Sorry, only just read your post properly and so this is probably not going to help you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It does on mine, but mine is the comfort model with remote but I would imagine the boot should open on yours as well. Have you tried your spare key to see if the same happens with that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok took the rubber grommet & the boot trim off & looked at all the wires They all look fine from the bits I could see A lot of the wiring loom was wrapped in insulation tape I think it could be the lock actuator on the tailgate but will have to find a way to test it
Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Probably can be the central locking relay located up inside dash. The unit is bolted in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi yes on the wiring diagram ( Haynes) it shows 2 relays , unlock / lock Annoyingly it doesn’t show where they are I have looked under the drivers dash area but cant see it I have a bad feeling it could be buried behind the radio somewhere This would mean taking the dash of Unfortunately I don’t have the skills & knowledge to be able to do this

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,185 Posts
on the wiring diagram ( Haynes) it shows 2 relays , unlock / lock Annoyingly it doesn’t show where they are
I don't think there are relays on your model. Relays are usually only fitted to cars with remote locking. The problem on your car is likely to be a faulty driver's door actuator. Although it sounds like there might be a separate issue with the tailgate because that doesn't unlock.

·
Registered
12 Posts

...including the boot . The boot & Passenger door can be locked/unlocked by the key in their lock with no affect on the other locks. .
Seems 2 faults " drivers door won't centraly lock the others " Start by looking at the actuator in the drivers door & its plug .& the " boot doesn't lock/unlock from the drivers door " .. try a drop of oil on the mechanism . Also is the battery in good order? I know a nissan than won't unlock the boot unless the engine is running (14.5v rather than 12v)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi thanks for your suggestions! Yes the battery is good I haven’t thought about the actuator being the problem Probably because I thought they only control the door they’re fitted on I will try as you suggest & hopefully it will sort it out Fingers cross

1 - 13 of 13 Posts