Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Recently bought a i10 ,1.2 Classic. My central locking open all the doors , but not the boot. When i lock it (from drivers door), it only locks that door. I have to manually lock the other 3 doors. It isnt a remote key fob,just an ordinary looking key. I have checked the fuse (inside ), and all looks fine As i have never owned an i10 ,i dont know if this is normal(it is a drag though). Wandering if someone here could tell me if this is how the locking works
Thank you

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,974 Posts
Wandering if someone here could tell me if this is how the locking works
No, that's not how central locking is supposed to work. Locking or unlocking the driver's door should also lock/unlock all the others.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T
No, that's not how central locking is supposed to work. Locking or unlocking the driver's door should also lock/unlock all the others.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
Thanks Autospark ! I had a feeling that this wasn’t right Any ideas or suggestions on what or where the problem could be?
Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the remote fob with mine but when my boot stopped unlocking/locking it was a couple of broken wires (seems to be a common problem on i10's). Open the boot up and on the top left you'll see a thick rubber protector, pull that out and you'll see the wiring to be able check/repair it.

EDIT: Sorry, only just read your post properly and so this is probably not going to help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts