Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, my first post here.

I've been doing LED projects with my wife's tucson. Bright white LED for license plate, backup, parking, LED for turn signal, map and dome light, mirror light. Pink/Purple LED in footwell, trunk. Blue LED for underhood.

I did similar stuff on a dodge ram, not sure if I can post other forum's link here, I will try :

Here we go, lot of photos :

White LED for parking light

PIAA 4100K headlight and foglight.

LED turn signal, sorry for the blur.

White LED license plate and backup light

Cool white (appear blue) underhood LED. There was no light on this hood, not sure if just my model? Anyway, put a switch and position it where the hood will touch the switch and shut the LED off.

Side view

Trunk LED. Used the side light there, spice it to a LED strip on the left, and continue the power wire in the top liner, and power the LED on the right side.

Truck LED left side, you can see the power wire from the original light. Should of open the panel but didn't bother.

Truck LED right side

Footwell LED with dome light (left side)

Footwell LED without dome light (left side)

Footwell LED with dome light (right side)

Footwell LED without dome light (right side)

Driver side footwell

Rear footwell (Sad story here, as I am taking this picture, the brand new WeatherTech floor mat was on the roof of the car. And I forgot to put it back, must fly off somewhere....sigh)

Passenger side footwell.

Under driver side

Under front of driver seat

Rear seat

The rear seat LED light up the roof too

LED Switch. This is the nightmare I want to share.
How it function : LED on the switch is ON when key is turned in (before and after engine start). When not pressed, it follow the normal dome light operation. When pressed in (it hold in itself), it will turn on the footwell LED regardless of dome light, regardless of car on or off. It's just always ON.
There are so many wiring, plus a DPDT switch, just for this ONE button. Anyone want to do this I am glad to help you, very weird wiring in tucson.

Light up roof.

Glove box led strip

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Very impressive.
I have done my led mod almost like yours, except for the trunk strips & are not as bright as yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

MikDee, my low and high beam are not as bright in person, just my camera show it's brighter.

But in my opinion it's much brighter than the original yellow factory bulb.

The one I got is just PIAA xtreme white 4100K, for both high/low beam, also foglight.

The part for high/low is H4, foglight for mine is 880, but I believe there are different foglight style, might need different part number. 880 is a right angle one, 881 is a straight one, I bought the wrong one first.

I think sportage and tucson are very similar, might use the same bulb.

This is the page I found from PIAA site :
PIAA | Automotive Bulb Applications
(very slow to load at first, wait for it)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Great work!! I have wanted to add LED lighting to the engine bay and the rear cargo area (that little incandescent might as well NOT be there it's so useless).

Maybe I missed it but did you make these or buy them? If you bought them, mind linking to the site?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great work!! I have wanted to add LED lighting to the engine bay and the rear cargo area (that little incandescent might as well NOT be there it's so useless).

Maybe I missed it but did you make these or buy them? If you bought them, mind linking to the site?
Thanks. I just buy parts and kinda put them together. Keep in mind it's my first time doing stuff like this, might not be the best way to do it.

This is the switch setup, used positive from the battery sensor (left hand side), there is 2 wire connect to battery negative, red and white wire, used the red one, it's always Hot. You should unplug the b+sensor fuse first before spice it. Then connect to the switch, and switch's common to LED's positive. Then LED ground to go a ground I already using for the headlight LED I spice before.

Link to switch : SUB-MINI LEVER SWITCH, SPDT | Switches | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca

LED strip used : Weatherproof High Power LED Flexible Light Strip - WFLS-x | Top Emitting | Flexible LED Light Strips | LED Light Strips & Bars | Super Bright LEDs
(used Cool White, which is kinda blue)

LED strip solderless connector : https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...olderless-clamp-on-pigtail-adapter/1125/2668/

Close up on where I put switch. I used tape because it's kinda flexible to move up and down a bit if I don't make a perfect fit. The back plate is just a piece of plastic, but I will put a screw thru the soft plastic at the back just for more secure.

Then just run the wire to top of the hood. It's adhesive sticks, but I make the LED strip longer so both end are hold by the black cover, I think engine heat will make the adhesive weak.

Used a bulb base power output, but I found it's not that secure, but so far it's holding

Link : https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ment-bulbs/upcb-mating-festoon-base/685/1962/
LED is the same link just used PINK
LED strip used : Weatherproof High Power LED Flexible Light Strip - WFLS-x | Top Emitting | Flexible LED Light Strips | LED Light Strips & Bars | Super Bright LEDs

Then run the LED to the top, run the power wire behind the panel

and run it to the top weather strip to the other side

The other side is the same.

I burnt a fuse for you man, as I said before, *should* unplug the fuse before unpluging bulb...

And added this photo, that's all the wiring I did for that LED light switch, it's crazy.

Someone probably posted this link, it's not easy to navigate, but it contain tons of info if you need to know which wire is for what, very useful :
https://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/

Just need to sign up for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts