Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just purchased a 2011 phantom black sonata gls about two weeks ago..I wanted the se but the wait on those are ridiculous so I decided on the gls in which i now wish i would have waited, so im lookin to upgrade the stock hubcaps
to 17/18 inch rims that come on the se..Ive been looking for dealer takeoffs no luck...any suggestions would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi and :00000732: to the forums.

I'm moving this into the Sonata section where you may getter a better response.

·
Registered
623 Posts
:00000732:

Any OEM wheel is going to be expensive...

http://sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cg...;cate=012101000
(think the price includes shipping 1 wheel)

You might be better off getting an aftermarket set. I had to get a GLS with PP2 because it was all the dealers had in stock (wanted and SE). I replaced the 16" alloys with 19" black wheels and performed other upgrades to the point where I like my car better than any SE I've seen in person.

Cheers,
-Will

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Ayces @ Sep 6 2010, 01:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354627
:00000732:

Any OEM wheel is going to be expensive...

http://sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cg...;cate=012101000
(think the price includes shipping 1 wheel)

You might be better off getting an aftermarket set. I had to get a GLS with PP2 because it was all the dealers had in stock (wanted and SE). I replaced the 16" alloys with 19" black wheels and performed other upgrades to the point where I like my car better than any SE I've seen in person.

Cheers,
-Will
I actually was lookin at a set of aftermarket blk/blk 19 with chrome lip..Im just concerned about voiding the warranty on suspension and all because once you start doing some aftermarket mods sometimes they wont honor certain things related to the mod if you have problems..what size are u running tire wise and whats your width and offset..are you running the tpms on the tiresI have a black gls as well

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (eyceo @ Sep 6 2010, 11:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354634
I actually was lookin at a set of aftermarket blk/blk 19 with chrome lip..Im just concerned about voiding the warranty on suspension and all because once you start doing some aftermarket mods sometimes they wont honor certain things related to the mod if you have problems..what size are u running tire wise and whats your width and offset..are you running the tpms on the tiresI have a black gls as well
All info here...

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t50986-compl...n-and-links.htm

had 245/40/19, but they rubbed because my car is lowered 1.25".

Think it would only void a wheel/tire warranty not suspension/etc. The place I bought from installed for free and switched the monitors for free.

Dealers near me sell cars with aftermarket wheels on them all the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Ayces @ Sep 7 2010, 04:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354771
All info here...

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t50986-compl...n-and-links.htm

had 245/40/19, but they rubbed because my car is lowered 1.25".

Think it would only void a wheel/tire warranty not suspension/etc. The place I bought from installed for free and switched the monitors for free.

Dealers near me sell cars with aftermarket wheels on them all the time.
I appreciate tht..Im lookn at 19/20 for the rims and the leds where the stock foglights go...Thanks

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wow feels like i'm in some double world, eyceo with a black gls that wants 19" black rims with a chrome lip just like me.

Welcome twin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (eyecue @ Sep 7 2010, 04:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354884
Wow feels like i'm in some double world, eyceo with a black gls that wants 19" black rims with a chrome lip just like me.

Welcome twin.
Thats a coincidence mine is an acronym for my clothing company e.y.c.e.o(emerging young c.e.o)..I see you have a black gls and lookn for the same rims wow..I want 20's Im afraid they may rub..Im going to be adding some oem fog lights and chrom accents around the bottom rear bumper lights and a set of rims and 35% tint soon...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey just bought *brand new* 18'in. rims off the sonata limited. and iam willing to sell for extremely cheap!

Please let me know if your at all interested.
-contact me(call&&text) @ (805)245-5860

-thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wouldn't even waste my time with factory wheels. They are expensive and look okay, but not spectacular. As far as warranty goes, they can only deny claims if the parts you install directly cause a failure. I paid $83 a wheel for 17" Enkei J10 matte black wheels that look great. My tires were only $100 so I got the whole wheel/tire package for under $900 with tax, install, and the TMPS transfer. It rides way better/quiter than the stock alloys and tires (I had the 16" alloy rims which are now on my wife's Kia).

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Oct 10 2010, 10:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362549
Dealer in my area orders all GLS with the limited 17' wheels.
That's how it should be. At least only order the GLS with the 16" alloys. Seeing the hubcap models makes me sad...
:crying:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts