Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, long time lurker/first time poster...thanks for all the great commentary.

This morning some jerk decided to change from the inside to the outside lane through a turn and I had to cut right to avoid a sideswipe. Sadly, my 16" steel wheel and cover didn't make it...the rim is bent and the cover is mangled.

Can anyone tell me the part number/cost for the Base "16" steel wheel with full cover" (NOT the optional 16" aluminum alloy) for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS? Any hints on where I could locate it aftermarket rather than through the dealer where I am sure it will be a fortune. Also, if anyone has a stock base wheel/cover/tire they want to sell after upgrading, let me know.

I found http://market.autopartsfair.com/hyundai-wh...tl70729u45.html and http://market.autopartsfair.com/hyundai-wh...tl70764u45.html online, although I am not sure this is the same for the 2011, nor is there a wheel cover for the 2011 .

Thanks for reading through and take care,
Charles

·
Registered
603 Posts
:00000732: Welcome to the board and sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I recommend you PM the user 'boogyman'. He should be able to give you a cost on a replacement wheel. Hes in Korea though so shipping might be high, but at least he'll give you an idea of the price you expect to pay from a dealer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Sep 8 2010, 11:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355044
Hyundai canada is showing a steel wheel for $80 canadian in their sonata accessory page.

tirerack.com has a price for steel wheel for sonata 2011 about 45$ and email to these guys [email protected], they can get you wheel cover for cheap price. i just ordered some good stuf for my sonata GLS.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You can also check for replacement parts from hyundaiparts123.com (i think this is owned by the Van Tuyl dealership in Arlington, TX). They sell original hyundai parts for cheaper than most others. I had bought the headlight replacement cap for HID installation from them at almost half the price of my local dealership. You can also email the parts person directly DDavison at vtaig dot com

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah, I just checked in Korea, and our dealer doesn't sell the steel wheels at all. I think most, if not all Sonatas sold in Korea have at least the 16 inch alloys. Probably the only ones with steel wheels are the taxi models. But even if they did sell it, shipping is going to be around US$40 via ocean freight, and add the cost of the wheel and the two month delivery time, and you're better off getting one from locally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts