Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

my brother in law has an iload that seems to be coking the oil, blowing it out the front and rear crank seals and turbocharger pipes. it puffs quite a lot with oil filler cap off but otherwise runs very well which makes me think it would be unlikely to be the piston rings... thinking injector copper washers??? theres 200k on the motor

is it easy to pull the injectors or are they often stuck in there really good? any tips for removal? or do I really need to buy the gnarley tool...

I think hyundai dealer in melbourne quoted $1200 is spinning him a tall story saying they need to replace the hard fuel lines as well cos they always break... anyone have experience with that I havent come across it in the forums or anywhere else...

do I really need to replace the inejctor clamping bolts as well, theyre only done up to 24nm tht seems like overkill...

any other tips for the job?

if the washers are actually stuffed then I will pull the sump and check the oil pickup tube.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey just thought I'd update this for everyone.

Pulled the sump and the pickup looked just like this photo I found online that suggested I should. So was very glad I did. The pickup was about 50% blocked.

Then I bought a new Borg warner turbo and installed that. The previous turbo thrust plate failed and the impeller could be moved about 3mm in and out which is very bad. I had to pull all the pipes and the intercooler and flush out all the aluminium filings. I also found out why it failed the turbo oil return pipe had been sloppily siliconed onto the block and the silicone was blocking the hole about 95%. Terrible workmanship.

The next job is the injector seals. I've bought a seat cutter to clean up the seats. Wish me luck

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi do you have a uodate on your injector job and can you tell me did the engine oil level rise with the diesle getting into the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You recon my might nerd doing? Runs fine but only done 68k. Is the dump change easy and something you can do in the road? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts