Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hyundai Forums Admin.
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<div align='center'>

The current Hyundai Accent's claim to fame is that it's one of the only new cars that can be bought for under $10,000. But with Hyundai's push upscale, the new 2011 Accent, revealed at the Beijing Auto Show Friday (as the Verna), will be a more upscale effort, designed to go head to head with cars like the Ford Fiesta and Honda Fit. We particularly like the styling, borrowed from the all-new Sonata – which is a massive step forward from the dull jellybean currently on sale

North American market specs haven't been announced yet, but as shown in China there is a choice of a 1.4-liter 4-cylinder or a 1.6-liter four-banger. The 1.6-liter engine gets DOHC and variable valve technology to produce roughly 120-hp at 6300 rpm and 114 ft-lbs of torque, while the 1.4 delivers roughly 105-hp and 100 ft-lbs. Both engines come with either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic. Hyundai claims the 1.4-liter with an extra "Fuel Economy Package" will get 41-mpg with the manual and 38 mpg with the automatic. These engines are a possibility for the North American market, but we'd expect something better than a 4-speed auto-box.

More: 2011 Hyundai Accent Breaks Cover In Beijing With Attractive New Packaging on AutoGuide.com

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
I like the lights...  I really love this car overall, it's quite stunning for a cheap tin can econobox!  

Quite a nice evolution from the current Accent. Nice that Hyundai is applying that 'fluidic sculpture' scheme to their entire lineup.  I never thought the MC Accent really meshed well with the rest of the line. 

1 - 10 of 10 Posts