Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When looking at the engine from the front of the vehicle. what numbers are the cylinders from left to right? To curtail off of that question where do I locate the corresponding ignition coils to these c I have been dealing with intermittent misfires on cylinders 1 and 3 codes P0300, P0301, P0303. I replaced the spark plugs to no avail. Whenever the vehicle shudders the headlights dim and the shuddering is worse when the vehicle is placed in gear, the A/C fan is on, or the vehicle is accelerating. Once I reach a certain speed, usually 35-40 mph, I don't notice until I again slow down. I replaced the spark plugs the day after I had the first issue appearwhich read code P0301. Prior to installing the spark plugs, I experienced a severe loss of acceleration power, but now only experience the shuddering. Thanks in advance for all help!

·
Registered
81 Posts
better to change the whole ignition wire set...
my friend has the same problem... we change the spark plugs, the fuel filter, the fuel pump, and clean the injectors but still the loss of power is there... finally when we change the hi-tension wires or the spark plug wires... that's it, it came to fly again... this is just $30 parts (price in Jeddah)...so go and try to change it...

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
please, don't suggest this guy replace parts at random. its about the worst idea for fixing a car there is. $30 or not, its the time as well. fix it right the first time.

it sounds like to me that the problem is random misfires causing a loss in power. ok, maybe thats a little obvious but it does tell us something. 2 cylinders misfiring is not plugs, wires, or clogged injectors. regardless, check the wires visually to make sure they aren't torn or something unusual.

coils are worth a look. with the MC accent, i believe you have the dual coil setup same as previous generation....what cylinders does the coil assembly serve? if there's one on cyl. 1 and 3....i think you may have it. that and the coils are a known issue with the MC accent. many parts stores will test the coils for you if you can bring them in. call around and see what you get.

for random misfires, a check for vacuum leaks and any leaks at the air intake (after the throttle body) are a good idea. you're not getting any codes for sensors that might be causing this, so put that thought aside for now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking to see if anyone else was having the same problem. I had this happen last March and then a week later in April. Now again last week. The dealer knows I am very upset by this and I even asked them if it was a known problem and they said no. I believe it was the ignition pack?? (spark plug and ignition coil). First it was #3 then #4 last time was #2 so all I have left to replace is #1. I did ask them the price to replace and pay for myself (since warranty won't replace until theres an actual problem) and it was $174. After buying a brand new car and having it in the shop more times than years owned I will just wait (even though it's a pain). But I do see lots of posts about this issue. Wish I would've known. I love my Hyundai's that I have had but we also bought a mazda 3 the same year and it has yet to be in the shop. But what you have happening sounds just like my car when they go out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.