Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im new to this forum but i am getting a car soon and im not sure which car to get. i want a car that can last very long and gives it a sport/coupe look. so im looking at buying the 2011 genesis coupe 2.0t. but i also might get the 2011 civic si coupe because they are virtually the same price, both going for $22,500. i need an honest opinion here, which car will be better in the long run? which car will last longer? thank you for your time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
367 Posts
There are a few questions you need to ask yourself. Since you are keeping your car for "a long time." I see your coming from a 2002 camry

1. Do you require 4 doors? I know you said you're looking for a sport/coupe look, but you can also get the Civic Si in the Sedan model too (4 doors).
2. Are you expecting to have kids anytime soon? In this case go with the 4 door Civic.
3. Do you live in area that gets a lot of snow? Have you ever tried to drive a RWD vehicle in the snow. Not that much fun. But if you live in Southern Cali or Florida. Go with the rear wheel drive Gensis.
4. Do I really need a car right now? If you can wait 18 more months you can expect some upgrades to the Gensis and Civic.

There are rumor posts that the Gensis will be receiving an upgrade and so will the civic. There is also the new Subaru/Toyota car that will be hitting the market. (currently it is slated for the Japan market).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even though Hyundai is doing a great job with their cars recently, the overall quality of the Honda will likely exceed the Hyundai over the long-term. While both are equally "impractical" if you need to put people or stuff in them, the Civic and Genesis coupes (I assume you're not trying to compare the Civic sedan) provide significantly different driving experiences and "wow factors." The Civic Coupe is front-wheel-drive and ubiquitous as a result of being around so long. In other words, you'll find tons of them and plenty of experienced tuners to compete with to see who can produce the silliest-looking ride. On the other hand, the Genesis is new, different, rarely seen on the road, classy, and is rear-wheel-drive, which is an absolute MUST if you want to tool around in a "sports car." Honestly, I kind of laugh at the Civics with their spoilers and "custom" exhaust systems that try to cover up the whiny sound of the engines. So it's up to you to decide who you are and get the car that fits you. Silly tuner . . . or classy sports car? Get the 3.8 and nobody will question your choice.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a Genesis and up until just this week, I also had an 07 Si. If you have any specific questions with regards to a comparison of the two, ask away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts