Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is turning out to be a huge disappointment. Bad battery right away, oil pressure switch, brake lamp switch, front driver seat guide rails broken and now premature shock failure.

I had taken the SF to get a tire plugged after vacation as I had picked up a nail. The car was a bit noise riding along the way home, but I just chalked it up to crap Manitoba roads. The tech who fixed my tire showed me the oil leaking from both front shocks. Told me that the driver side was pretty much 100% pooched. 2011 with only 42,000 KMs. On top of the other things this car has needed, I am ready to trade it in for a truck. A truck will meet our needs much better.

I have an appointment for Tuesday morning. We leave for another vacation Saturday morning. Really hoping the shocks can be done before then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty disappointed sometimes too, but I think of the price I paid for it new, then I'm not too disappointed. So far the two big ones are starter failed at about 30000km, front shocks were leaking and replaced at 29000km, but they were very bouncy when new! Another biggy is the gas mileage is terrible. I usually get 400-425km for about 58-62 liters, translates to 14.59 L/100km, 16.12 mpg. But its alot of city driving though. But even when I do long trips I don't think I get more than 550.
BTW: 2010 Santa Fe 6-speed manual base model.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm with you on the mileage. I have no idea how people are getting 20 mpg "city" and 27 or more on the highway. Depending on time of year my city mileage varies from ~15-18, usually sitting at 16.5-17.5 mpg. Highways I usually end up with 21-22. If I drive slowly and have a tailwind on the highways I have gotten an absolute high of 25.8.

Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with my Santa Fe, or if others are not so good at calculating their mileage.

·
Registered
709 Posts
...Another biggy is the gas mileage is terrible. I usually get 400-425km for about 58-62 liters, translates to 14.59 L/100km, 16.12 mpg. But its alot of city driving though. But even when I do long trips I don't think I get more than 550.
BTW: 2010 Santa Fe 6-speed manual base model.
I have the same as yours (2010, 4cyl 6sp manual). Regular commute is about 75%/25% highway/city. I never had the fuel light come on (which happens around 58-60 liters) before I passed 600kms (winter). Summer is usually over 650kms up to 700kms. Highest was 770kms on a trip from Ottawa, On to Norwalk Ct. through the Appalachians. 2 adults, 2 kids, full trunk. Filled up before we left and made it there without refuel, when I did refuel a day later, only was able to put in 58 liters. AC was off the whole trip but all 4 windows were open (more drag).

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2010 has been disappointing. Rear hatch struts replaced twice, read driver side door lock actuator replaced, front passenger side door lock actuator replaced, front bulkhead/firewall oil canning sound - very annoying (TSB carried out three times thus far to fix issue), both drive shaft spacer rings broken (at the wheel hub), rear hatch corrosion, battery dead after three years, rear driver side tail light moisture ingress, car fail to start (immobilizer system), and driver's window exterior trim loose. Granted the items have all received attention by the dealer and have been fixed under warranty, BUT... leaves one to wonder about the overall quality.

Must be one of those vehicles to which all little things happen... Was hoping to keep it for about 8 years, but so far, with all the issues I've had, I'm looking at changing already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts