Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat in a brand new 2011 Elantra today. Wow. It's a baby Sonata. Inside it feels like a Sonata. I would buy one in an instant if I didn't own a Sonata already. Sorry I am drooling but it is a great looking and feeling car. Sub 20,000 in Canada with a/c. Trunk space is cavernous. All the same features as big brother.

Markus

P.S. This will be scary for Civics, Corollas and Sentras.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I saw an Elantra Limited in the local showroom a week or so ago.

I agree with you, it looks great both inside and out.

Little smaller than the Sonata, true, but other than that I might have considered it, too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was originally thinking of waiting for the 2011 Elantra to come out but fell in love with the Sonata. Was at the dealer today for a warranty issue and took a long look at the Elantra and, while I think it's an improvement over previous years, the proportions don't seem as refined as the Sonata. Glad I didn't wait.

·
Registered
330 Posts
QUOTE (Marktherob2011 @ Dec 15 2010, 06:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380237
I sat in a brand new 2011 Elantra today. Wow. It's a baby Sonata. Inside it feels like a Sonata. I would buy one in an instant if I didn't own a Sonata already. Sorry I am drooling but it is a great looking and feeling car. Sub 20,000 in Canada with a/c. Trunk space is cavernous. All the same features as big brother.

Markus

P.S. This will be scary for Civics, Corollas and Sentras.
sorry this is off topic, but which dealership did you go to? toronto hyundai, kingscross, agincourt...? I ask because I want to know if they have any sonata hybrids in the showroom

·
Registered
247 Posts
i LOVE the new elantra.
i can't wait to see it on the road.

the OP is trying to talk about the 2011 elantra to sonata owners.
it's not the subject that decides where the thread belongs, but the target audience that decides.

this thread belongs in the sonata forum.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (tpabobsonata @ Dec 15 2010, 07:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380268
I was originally thinking of waiting for the 2011 Elantra to come out but fell in love with the Sonata. Was at the dealer today for a warranty issue and took a long look at the Elantra and, while I think it's an improvement over previous years, the proportions don't seem as refined as the Sonata. Glad I didn't wait.

Agincourt. No Hybrids some Turbos. Call them 416-211-2929 ask for Mike

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
QUOTE (shinigami @ Dec 16 2010, 12:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380336
this thread belongs in the sonata forum.
Gotta disagree. The OP is addressing people who like the Sonata but are wondering if the Elantra is enough car.

We're looking for a second car, and were thinking Sonata, but the Elantra might do it. Might even become our first car when the Santa Fe goes back. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts