Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a used 20011 Elantra in September of 2016. When I took it for a test drive I noticed the wipers were very noisy, (skipping, squeaking, etc) I figured they just need to be replaced so I got new ones put on, the same outcome, skipping, squeaking... I've had the car a little over a year now, I've replaced the wipers a few times since I first got the car. I've washed the windshield, I've put rainX wax on it, taken it through the car wash, washed it myself, I've done everything I can think of and that has been suggested to me, switching the wash fluid... I'm wondering if it could be the motor making the blades skip or if my windshield is just a weird shape for the wipers? Has anyone else had this problem? it's irritating that I have to set my wipers so slow when it's raining that I practically can't see the road for them not to skip or squeak, or just deal with the noise. Even turning the music up doesn't help it's so loud!

·
Registered
882 Posts
you may need to bend the wiper arm. Pretty tricky job. I suggest you observe some new/used Elantras' wiper arms and blades angle, take photos, then use pilers to fix yours

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Try giving the windshield an aggressive cleaning. Use a clay bar on it, or try some heavy duty, non abrasive cleaner. There may be some kind of contaminate, on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts