Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
couple of weeks ago I went to the dealer for airbag recall. During which they ran full diagnostic on it. One of things was TPMS sensors #1 & #3 had gone bad/dead. I ordered 52933-3X200 on Ebay which is the same part number I got from the Parts department after they looked up the VIN.

Yesterday, I had new tires and those sensors put in. I was thinking they should be drop-ins (my Mazda RX-8 after changing them, driving a few miles it turned off). However, the Hyundai TPMS light is still on. Does the Hyundia relearn require a different method? Do the tire shop need to pull the IDs and then program it back into the ECU?

·
Registered
31 Posts
couple of weeks ago I went to the dealer for airbag recall. During which they ran full diagnostic on it. One of things was TPMS sensors #1 & #3 had gone bad/dead. I ordered 52933-3X200 on Ebay which is the same part number I got from the Parts department after they looked up the VIN.

Yesterday, I had new tires and those sensors put in. I was thinking they should be drop-ins (my Mazda RX-8 after changing them, driving a few miles it turned off). However, the Hyundai TPMS light is still on. Does the Hyundia relearn require a different method? Do the tire shop need to pull the IDs and then program it back into the ECU?
I purchased new tires, rims and sensors (all as a package) from Discount Tire Direct. Once I installed the new tires, it took about 2/3 weeks of driving for the TPMS light to go out.
I'm retired so I don't drive everyday.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
It may eventually learn. The service info says to use the tool to reset it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh okay, so there is a good possibility it will learn. I will drive it till after the new years. I hate to spend more $$ to get it "programmed"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts