Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011's started showing up at dealers a week ago. We received a 2011 Limited in silver with black leather and nav. Sticker is $33,145. Seems like most dealers are all getting Limited's equipped the same way.

Has anyone seen one? They look, dare I say sporty! Pictures don't do the 11's justice because when I saw them, I thought to myself " what did they do". I didn't notice much on the inside except for new turnsignal and wiper stalks.

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has sportier looking wheels, and it almost looks like it has a body kit. Rear lights are alittle different as are the headlight. A few people at work who never liked them before said hyundai has done a nice job and it almost looks like a Genesis in the front.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the headlamps and taillights, but not a major change that classify it as sportier than 06-10-IMO! And the rims are nice, but looks like it will be harder to clean them in the narrow openings. Front grill didn't change much!?!? Fog lights are round. The biggest difference is the engine and gas mileage/performance-IMO

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The exhausts are also different. The wheels are definitely a PITA to clean, they should have just stuck with the 09-10 rims. I think what gives it the sporty look are the bumpers.

If someone put a gun to my head and told me to pick between an azera and a genesis, I'd be shot.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Genesis....easy. Sorry Azzy fans but it can't hold a candle to the Genesis.

I'm doing some temp work out at the Port of Portland and got to check out a 2011 Azera in person today. While the interior is virtually unchanged, the exterior is definitely sportier. I didn't get to drive one but if it's as floaty as the Azera loaner I got last summer, I'd still have to go with the Genesis.

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's one of the thing I love about the Azera, the floaty ride. That's what would make me go back and forth about the 2. If the Azera had an updated interior, it would help.

·
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[attachment=19289:2008_Hyu...ra_ext_1.jpg]

[attachment=19290:2011_Hyundai_Azera.jpg]

Attachments

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jul 8 2010, 03:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339751
That's one of the thing I love about the Azera, the floaty ride. That's what would make me go back and forth about the 2. If the Azera had an updated interior, it would help.
Sorry but it's too soft for me. I went over a speed bump at 20 mph and thought the front of the car was going to plow itself into the ground. I will agree that the lack of an interior update is disappointing. Other than the revised gauge cluster and optional navigation, the interior hasn't changed at all since the 2006 introduction.

·
Registered
85 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiLvr87 @ Jul 8 2010, 05:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339995
[attachment=19289:2008_Hyu...ra_ext_1.jpg]

[attachment=19290:2011_Hyundai_Azera.jpg]
Okay, saw the 2011 yesterday. Yes the front bumper is a bit more sportier- Here's what I notice with the exterior:
Front lgt. lens are sharper/pointier, grille is smaller in front end, rear end taillights are moulded different out of the trunk. Chrome under the name azera in the trunk lid, howver, the crome in the bumper in the rear end is gone. Tail end exhaust pipes incorporated in the bumper-nice! Rims are different. The rear windshield is smaller.

·
Registered
424 Posts
33k? wow sorry guys that's way too expensive for a azera.

ya it looks better than the one before the facelift but not enough to warrant 33k.

the genesis sedan is 37k what is hyundai thinking ?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just hope that Hyundai put much better parts on the Azera and their new $55,000 luxury sedan than they had with the Azera 2006. Hyundai cars are good looking but quality is the key to consumers buying cars. The quality parts is important. Their new $55,000 plus car coming out this year better be top notch or it will be a thorn in Hyundai side if they get bad reviews from consumers and from auto magazines.

Another year from now I may be buying a new Genesis Coupe. Now that is a sharp car. The sedan is too expensive might as well get an Azera. What I have heard about the Coupe it is well put together, fast, and has very few if any problems. Overall my 06 Azera has been a good car with very few problems other than the suspension. But for $30,000 bucks one should not have any problems that can't be fixed properly.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You're lucky in the US. Here in Australia, we just got the updated 2011 Grandeur, but it still has the old 5 speed automatic! You guys get the 6 speed! And your 3.8L V6 now puts out 290hp, ours is unchanged at 260hp. :( And our model only comes in a choice of 3 colours: white, black, or silver.

Anyway, no Hyundai dealers here actually stock them. If you want one, you have to specially order it in. One dealer I spoke to told me that his dealership typically sells 2 per year.

The car costs $39,990 here for the 3.8L. There is no 3.3L. This might sound like alot, but it's actually quite good value considering a top-of-the-line Sonata costs $37,990 here. For 2 grand more, I was actually tempted, but I went with the Sonata.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Saw one at the Houston dealership, definitely like the looks of the car...but inside the entire ignition system was pushed into the dash and to the left.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL Plus
2,225 Posts
I'm going to get a new one; a GLS, if I can work out the details. It has virtually all the desirable equipment as does the Limited without the gingerbread. The wheels are a substantial improvement and I like that it has a slightly smaller engine. I've got two rounded up at $25,670 near Dallas; a silver one and a venetian red one, both with leather. I drove the silver one and it was love at first sight. I absolutely loved it. Now if I can only get the dealer to meet my price.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Seen one on the road today as was pleasantly surprised.
It looks very sporty, and the rear tail lights have an Audi look to them when lit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts