Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen this question asked a few times and never answered directly. where is the alternator fuse for a 2011 sonata? I looked on the fuse panel under the hood and the fuse panel on the dash. I don't see anything labeled "ALT" as I expected. there is a fuse on the battery terminal. is that it? if not what is it labeled? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Should be a 150A fuse on battery cable according to ETM

If this was posted a few hr ago to where I could have found it, I would have taken pic, but I am at home

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
ive seen this question asked a few times and never answered directly. where is the alternator fuse for a 2011 sonata? I looked on the fuse panel under the hood and the fuse panel on the dash. I don't see anything labeled "ALT" as I expected. there is a fuse on the battery terminal. is that it? if not what is it labeled? any help is appreciated.
Is the 150 amp fuse blown?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it. yes the fuse was blown.no clue what caused it. I went to the parts store to get another one and they cant find it in their system. I put a jumper on it to get the car running but I need to fix it. I was hoping that's whats causing my charging issue. I still have a battery light. im letting it run in the driveway to see if its charging or not.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
UNBELIEVABLE. You're lucky you didn't burn your car up.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
yes the fuse was blown.no clue what caused it.
Connecting jump leads the wrong way round is what usually causes that fuse to blow.

evilokc said:
I went to the parts store to get another one and they cant find it in their system.
You can buy a replacement on ebay. Type "Hyundai 037495918299" into the ebay search box and see what pops up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts