Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my new car today with 20 miles and it currently now has 200 :grin:

I feel like the car is a bit gutless compared to the elantra i test drove soooo I have already done the coolant bypass mod, and pastork's mod, and taken out the rear seats and spare tire. This has made a different but,

I'm still left wanting more power, preferably torque! Does anyone know what i can do? Will a 2008 accent's headers work with my brand new one?

·
Registered
515 Posts
What would be different about the 08 headers? I don't think any changes were made to the headers between 2006-2011. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (carfreak09 @ Nov 20 2010, 01:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373272
What would be different about the 08 headers? I don't think any changes were made to the headers between 2006-2011. I could be wrong though.
Don't know. Thats why i asked. I'm 99% sure there isn't, but I thought i'd ask. My future plans are a header, engine torque damper, and k&n filter. I'm hoping for a combined total of 20hp from everything i've done..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (omg grip @ Nov 20 2010, 04:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373416
lightweight wheels, while not adding any power, reduce the amount of weight the engine has to spin, the brakes have to stop, and the suspension has to keep planted on the pavement. Its a pretty noticable difference on low powered cars.
I would but i want the car to look and sound as stock as possible. It keeps me off the cops radar and put me in the wow factor. I think this car would be great with 130whp. I just have no idea if thats possible with the mods i've done, a k&n filter and a header.. I;d LOVE to find a light weight flywheel! If anyone knows of one please give me the url!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Insane @ Nov 20 2010, 10:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373476
I would but i want the car to look and sound as stock as possible. It keeps me off the cops radar and put me in the wow factor. I think this car would be great with 130whp. I just have no idea if thats possible with the mods i've done, a k&n filter and a header.. I;d LOVE to find a light weight flywheel! If anyone knows of one please give me the url!
Wheel won't put you on the cops radar AFAIK.

Anyway, the previous generation's clutch and flywheel are a bolt on on our Accents.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
pastork's mod?

+ Thought you'd like to know.  We had a discussion a while back here, that open cone/ram air/cold air intakes respond great in our cars because the OEM air box in our cars is poorly set up, and pretty much chokes the air coming into the intake manifold. 

I put a Weapon R Ram air intake in mine... and it responded great.  Especially with the coolant bypass mod.  I figure, you have the mod done to yours.  You might as well drop an aftermarket setup in there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Nov 21 2010, 11:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373559
pastork's mod?

+ Thought you'd like to know.  We had a discussion a while back here, that open cone/ram air/cold air intakes respond great in our cars because the OEM air box in our cars is poorly set up, and pretty much chokes the air coming into the intake manifold. 

I put a Weapon R Ram air intake in mine... and it responded great.  Especially with the coolant bypass mod.  I figure, you have the mod done to yours.  You might as well drop an aftermarket setup in there.
Pastork's mod is taking off the choking snorkel on the stock air box. Putting in a K&N filter will give it the full benefit's. Remember, i'm wanting this thing to look and sound as stock as normal. I know with some cars from the stock air box back is just as good if not better than after market. This is true with ford focus' the stock air box with a K&N out flowed anything out there. So i'm hoping hyundai isn't to far behind. I'm hoping to make a stock looking heat shield for the header, whenever i can manage to afford it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, after market products are in very short supply.. There is no lightweight flywheel, or under drive pulley, or much support in the way of intakes and a header! :rant2:

·
Registered
515 Posts
QUOTE (omg grip @ Nov 20 2010, 04:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373416
lightweight wheels, while not adding any power, reduce the amount of weight the engine has to spin, the brakes have to stop, and the suspension has to keep planted on the pavement. Its a pretty noticable difference on low powered cars.
Any idea how much the stock 14" steel wheels and 16" alloys weigh? Are the SE's alloys lighter, even though the tires are bigger?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts