Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had suspected something like this. I drove a showroom SE and it had the "ECO" option on the odometer menu. Also, I had heard the critiques about the horn, so I was a bit concerned about that, but not enough to blow the deal. Anyway, I wanted a specific model and color (harbor gray SE) that they didn't have on the lot, but they had just gotten in a shipment of them earlier that day that weren't prepped yet. There was a gray SE in that shipment. They pulled it up, and I noticed the ECO button which hadn't been on the other one. I asked the salesman about it, and he was as surprised as I was. He asked another salesman who mentioned that this was a "newer 2011".

While I was waiting for them to finish the paper work, I tried the horn. I was expecting to hear the "meep meep" I had heard about, but was pleasantly surprised to hear a "real" horn.

I'll check the build date on mine, but my guess is it was VERY recent. And we're not far from the plant, so it may be one of the first few out there....

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.