Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran out of fuel and now I ha e put fuel in the car will not start and the battery died.
I have now charged the battery but the car still will not start and just wanting to know if the fuel pump needs priming first and how I can do that?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
generally running a diesel dry is a problem and yes it would need priming but I'm fairly sure this should have an in tank low pressure pump. So it should prime the high pressure pump on the motor.

Instead of cranking the engine, try cycling the key to the on position several times, you may even hear the tank pump stir. I have a Sonata with the 2.0 D4EA and it runs the pump for several seconds everytime the key is cycled to on. This may help prime the main pump and get it running again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
generally running a diesel dry is a problem and yes it would need priming but I'm fairly sure this should have an in tank low pressure pump. So it should prime the high pressure pump on the motor.

Instead of cranking the engine, try cycling the key to the on position several times, you may even hear the tank pump stir. I have a Sonata with the 2.0 D4EA and it runs the pump for several seconds everytime the key is cycled to on. This may help prime the main pump and get it running again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I just want to say this method worked perfectly, I charged the battery turned the car on several times but not so the engine started and then turned the ignition fully on and it started straight away. Many thanks

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I just want to say this method worked perfectly, I charged the battery turned the car on several times but not so the engine started and then turned the ignition fully on and it started straight away. Many thanks
you're welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts