Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,
I see the 2011's are now for sale. I've had a look on the website and it seems there are a few new grades (2.4 Premium) and a few tweaks to exiting grades. Specifically I was looking at the 3.5 GL FWD, as we purchased the 2010 version, which I am very happy with.

From what I can see, the only real additions over what we have are:
Trip Computer
Heated Cloth Seats
Keyless Entry

Is there anything else? I thought they were getting an LED signal thing on the door mirrors, but I don't see any mention of that. Also, Keyless entry, what exactly is that? Is it any different from the keyfob remote for unlocking / locking the doors, which I already have.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE (dli7319 @ Dec 18 2010, 04:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381177
keyless entry detects when you are near the car is your remote is there and lets you go in and drive it without needing a key (you just get 2 remotes)
The problem with keyless entry is that you can't go back to the car to check it's locked - as it unlocks automatically as soon as you approach!

·
Registered
169 Posts
QUOTE (Ruperts Trooper @ Dec 18 2010, 12:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381182
The problem with keyless entry is that you can't go back to the car to check it's locked - as it unlocks automatically as soon as you approach!
That doesn't seem a clever system, my wife has a Micra CC with keyless, in her case there is a small push button at each door and boot (trunk) that you only have to touch, however you can test the door and the lights flash.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
My dad has an Acura RL with the proximity key system and if you touch the lock nib on the handle, you can tug on the handle itself within two seconds to make sure it's locked. Kind of cool but a little annoying when you bump the nib by accident and the car locks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.