Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a P0456 code EVEP very small leak. Ive replaced the gas cap with genuine hyundai gas cap, reset the engine light and it came back on after about 200 miles again. i now bought a replacement Vapor canister Purge Valve solenoid. But i cant locate where it goes to change it?? I cant find any specific help so far on the internet. Can anyone please help me????

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
It is bolted to upper intake plenum, adjacent to throttle body.. remove that big silly top engine cover decoration, and you see same part there on intake as what you have in your hand...

Purge.. I dont think that be at fault part.. I be more interested in a crack canister or some other source of small leak under rear of car.. pressure test and soap water bubble looking for bubbles is my way of doing it

Reactions: avisitor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive seen a smoke machine used to detect leaks. Am i better off just biting the bullet and taking it to a pro? i have old school repair knowledge but not this new stuff. also do you know of a free online resource for repair diagrams without joining or paying?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts