Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Veracruz limited and have been having a problem. The ESC (electronic stability control) light comes on randomly and then a number of things start to happen. the brake lights will stay on even if the brake pedal is not being pushed, the cruise control and proximity fob stop working, the dash backlighting lights up when the brake is pushed, and finally when you stop the car will not shift in to park. There was a recall that was supposed to address this issue that called for simply replacing the brake switch. This has been done 3 times but the problem persists. When I search this issue on the net I see that this a common complaint people post but I cannot find any solutions. Please help!

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,269 Posts
the dash backlighting lights up when the brake is pushed
That's a big clue. It suggests there is a short circuit between the tail light and brake light circuits, probably being caused by a faulty stop/tail lamp bulb. So your brake lights are illuminating when you turn the tail lights on even when the pedal isn't being pressed.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,269 Posts
Make sure you've fitted the correct double filament stop/tail bulb. If you've fitted a single filament bulb that will short the two circuits together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts