Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just a question on the transmission on these cars. I've noticed since I purchased this car the transmission has been a bit... "funky".

It seems like it takes too long to switch gears. If I pull out from a dead stop, it stays in 1st for too long (my opinion) and I say to myself "ok, are you going to shift or..." then all of a sudden it will shift into 2nd gear.

The other thing that happens is it will stay in too high of a gear for the speed. So it will be stuck in 3rd gear or something and your slowing way down and the RPMS are up high.

Also, once in awhile the transmission will slip. Not very often though. I try not to read into things too much, and have just chalked it up to this particular model. Seems like newish cars all shift funny nowadays.

So, is this normal with these cars? Or should I worry about my transmission?

Seems like its gotten worse lately...I just replaced the A/C compressor a couple months back, now it sounds like the wheel bearings are starting to go, and the transmission is getting worse....:frown:

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Please fill in your profile, location, model, year, trim etc.
You should have the trans checked out before it gets worse

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you don't think this is normal eh?

Dealer wants somewhere in the range of $150 diagnostic fee, just to tell me what's wrong. I purchased an extended warranty, but the diagnostic fee wont be covered unless they find something wrong/fix something.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Can you bring it to a shop that only works on transmissions and differentials? From a simple test drive,they are much more knowledgeable than a Hyundai dealer and should be able to give you good advice.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Your extended warranty may be a problem if you don't allow them to check the car themselves. Give them 150.00 for a peace of mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts