Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 2010 Tucson GLS and want/need cruise control. Evidently the only way cruise is available in on the $1700 Popular Option Package (POP). It seems strange that cruise is bundled into a rather expensive package but the package is actually a good value. In addition to cruise, you get a lot of other stuff. Now that I have wrestled with the expense I find it is not available - anywhere. And the dealers in the Northern Virginia area are telling me that they do not know when they will arrive. Also, I'm told that adding an after market cruise could/would void the warrantee.

I'd hate to think that I won't buy this wonderful vehicle because of this but it looks like I am moving in that direction. Does anyone have any advice or know where I can find a Tucson GLS with the Popular Option Package?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (Salesmanbryant @ Jun 11 2010, 08:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331970
I am in the market for a 2010 Tucson GLS and want/need cruise control. Evidently the only way cruise is available in on the $1700 Popular Option Package (POP). It seems strange that cruise is bundled into a rather expensive package but the package is actually a good value. In addition to cruise, you get a lot of other stuff. Now that I have wrestled with the expense I find it is not available - anywhere. And the dealers in the Northern Virginia area are telling me that they do not know when they will arrive. Also, I'm told that adding an after market cruise could/would void the warrantee.

I'd hate to think that I won't buy this wonderful vehicle because of this but it looks like I am moving in that direction. Does anyone have any advice or know where I can find a Tucson GLS with the Popular Option Package?
I think they are mistaken. Cruise control is an OPTION on the GLS and Standard on the Limited. So you can look to purchase a GLS with cruise control but I am sure they will add the cost for it to the price of the Tucson. This information is in the last few pages of the online brochure where you compare features.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (Salesmanbryant @ Jun 11 2010, 07:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331970

That's the same build I was shopping, and I had to authorize the dealer to look far and wide to find it; no one in the nearby Alabama or Florida panhandle had exactly what I wanted. They finally found it two states away, and can do a dealer trade to get it. I had the car two days later.

We started out with price negotiations since we were definitely purchasing as soon as we found the build we wanted, and once they were certain we were serious, they started a broad search to find our specific preferences and traded with a dealer in Louisiana to make the sale.

Have you asked the dealer with the best pricing/negotiations to look further out?

Also, try a few online resources that can search dealer inventories. They probably aren't exceptionally current with their inventory, but you might get lucky. One to suggest is www.edmunds.com. Select the 2010 Tucson GLS under the New Car link, then hit the Inventory tab. It'll bring up a fairly broad, unfiltered listing with a 50-mile range, but add in the specific transmission, drivetrain, etc and then in small'ish print towards the top, click "change area" to look up to 500 miles out.

·
1,914 Posts
Unfortuntely hyundai has learned ways of other companies and they are packaging.

The dealer I work for has a red, silver, 2 white, and a blue one with the PEP. Not sure which are FWD and which are AWD but maybe your dealer would dealer trade for you.

·
Registered
316 Posts
To the OP:
Have you had your dlr, or every dlr in your area, do a Search? Our dlr in Asheville found the exact Tucson we wanted in a 3 min Search
across regional dlrs. He explained that specific dlr public sites' inventory is often not up to date and, many dlrs "hold" cars and many of those
cars never make any specific public dlr site. Yes, it will have a couple hundred miles on it, getting it to you, but no big deal, imo.

And, take look for the Limited model: we preferred over the GLS, the price diff is peanuts in the long run, and with the Premo pkg, et al,
it is loaded.
GL, mD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts