Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70,000 mile touring SE which at low speeds( less than 20) has a rattling/clunking noise when hitting any small bump. Can not hear anything at higher speeds. Steers well noise could be coming from both sides. They did replace my transmission at 40,000 miles. Any ideas. Car does not bounce when pushing on it like a strut is bad.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
good start, the struts would make noise if they are sticking when you press on the front end.

only way to solve this is to get under it. when you jack it up, see if the strut comes disconnected from its mount. the rubber tends to unbond with the metal mount.

could be a ball joint, tie rod end, or sway bar linkage or slight possibility of a bushing on the control arm. get under and check for play in those parts. a prybar or large flathead screwdriver will help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had this happen to my 2009 in 2011 so I took it in to the dealer.

When they put it on the hoist it was determined that the dust boot on the strut had come loose and was re-glued with urethane.

No problem since.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Check your trunk for anything loose or your spare tire.

Check your 40/60 seats. Open them up when driving.

Test drive with someone in the back seat.

I have had dealer check twice and still get sound in rear right. Its a known problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts