Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I was going through gallery of 2010 Santa Fe and noticed new steering wheel with more buttons for phone and etc then what we have on 2007-2009 models.

[attachment=18205:hyundai_...ashboard.jpg]

[attachment=18204:2011_hyu...nta_fe_6.jpg]

Mute button is replaced with Voice control and 2 additional buttons for Phone are there with Cruise buttons.

Is it possible to install 2010 wheel on 2007-2009 or just replace remotes as they both look identical in physical dimension?

Attachments

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I don't see them being compatible because the Bluetooth integration on the 2010 models is different from the kind offered from '08 through '09. Plus the wiring harnesses will be different.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Quick hmaservice lookup tells me that resistance for all remote functions are still same but i'm not a electrical guy and could not figure out circuit diagrams.

If someone here can decode it for us then great.

Or if someone with 2010 can post their remote connector pictures we can see if its identical but probably that's too much to ask for people with new car.

I will take my assembly out and post pictures as soon as i get some free time.

Hopefully one day we can figure this out and add one more mod to our catalog.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Geez, I've been searching on this forum and others for over 2 hours and I can't find any posts on someone doing this button switch. I find it hard to believe. The 2010+ buttons look so much nicer then the 2009 and less.

I realise the bluetooth buttons won't work. But making the cruise and radio buttons work can't be that hard.

Yep, I must do this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
you guys may need , new clock spring, steering wire harness (if you buy entire steering wheel with new remote control buttons its OK) and wiring to ECU through clock spring. Cruise control upgrade was little bit of a mind some time back & I searched. But I gave up since I couldn't find literature for diesel ECU wiring.
keep searching, particular upgrade is not a big deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If the resistance is the same for the buttons, can't I just get 2010 buttons, put my 2009 connectors on the 2010 buttons and that's it?

I only checked the radio side so far but the resistance is the same except for the mute button. I can live without a mute button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts