Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I read few posts regarding creaking and rattle noises from i/p - pillar areas. It seems that most of you are experiencing noises when it's cold out or over rough roads... my problem is... well... quite a bit different.
I got the car delivered in March (I live in MI so it's still quite cold outside in March) and the car was "vault" quiet. My problem with creaking noises started when the weather got warm. The first time I noticed is when the weather turn hot enough to turn the A/C on to cool the interior. I noticed that as the cold air was being pumped out of the vents, my dash started to "creak" like crazy. I do not have to be moving for the noises to happen. Just seating there, with the A/C on will cause the noises to start. As soon as the interior is cooled, the noises will stop. It seems that the expansion of plastic parts when the interior gets hot and then the subsequent contraction with the cold air being pumped out, is making the parts to "creak".
I have had cars that are quiet then warm and then start to rattle and creak during winter months. But my new Sonata is quite the opposite. It's quiet when cold and noisy when hot... I suppose I don't mind it as much as the noises dissapear once the interior is cooled but still... I think it's quite odd. I will still have the dealer check it when I make my trip to their shop the next time, but I wonder, is anyone else experiencing the same problem as I am with Sonatas?
Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wait until winter, it will start to do the same thing when you turn on the heat, even if it did not do it the first year. If you can stand the creaking for a few minutes, then its great! but yes, the plastic in these things are quite prone to expansion/contraction noises.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is exactly the problem I have - and it's only gotten worse since I bought the car. I'm hoping I can get the vents on either side of the dashboad replaced. And for me, it's not just when the car is hot/cold; regardless of the temp outside, going over choppy pavement causes the plastic to creak.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I brought my car in for an oil change this past week and asked the dealer about replacing the vents. The service manager acknowledged the noise but told me replacing them would be useless as the replacement parts would make the same noise. I guess that about sums up Hyundai quality and concern about customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
QUOTE (MED @ Jul 19 2010, 09:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342844
I brought my car in for an oil change this past week and asked the dealer about replacing the vents. The service manager acknowledged the noise but told me replacing them would be useless as the replacement parts would make the same noise. I guess that about sums up Hyundai quality and concern about customer satisfaction.

I got the same problem. No point of replacing. Get use to it. I did.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same problem with my sonata. When i have other people in the car they get confused because it sounds like their is something in my A/C thats on its way out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts