Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light came on the other day, and I went to Autozone to have the code read. Of course, that indicated the camshaft position sensor was detecting a fault. I read through all the posts relating to the fault, headed up to my local Hyundai dealer, and picked up the oil flow control valve for about $50 plus tax. While I was there, I figured I might as well have them do an oil change, since it was way past due. No point in putting in a new part with dirty oil..right? They did the oil change, washed the car and I was ready to roll. My plan was to replace the part myself, but magically, the check engine light has not come back on since. I hope it remains so, but I will keep everyone posted on the situation.

·
Registered
622 Posts
My check engine light came on the other day, and I went to Autozone to have the code read. Of course, that indicated the camshaft position sensor was detecting a fault. I read through all the posts relating to the fault, headed up to my local Hyundai dealer, and picked up the oil flow control valve for about $50 plus tax. While I was there, I figured I might as well have them do an oil change, since it was way past due. No point in putting in a new part with dirty oil..right? They did the oil change, washed the car and I was ready to roll. My plan was to replace the part myself, but magically, the check engine light has not come back on since. I hope it remains so, but I will keep everyone posted on the situation.
Aftermarket oil filters will also cause that DTC. A lot of times just changing the oil with an OEM filter clears it right up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2006 Sonata 2.4 with 137000 kms Car runs fine no problem starting or running at all.. It keep giving code p0011 which i have read about online and here, I changed the oil and filter as well as the ocv. I even changed the camshaft sensor.. check for loose wiring but dont see anything wrong. The code keeps coming back sometimes it takes a day or to other time its only a few miles. Does any one have any other suggestions as to what be the cause. again the car works great.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2006 NF 2.4 may have a stretched/jumped chain... been there.... there is a nylon screen for oil flow to head,, but it is located in the deck, sandwich by cylinder head..

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,776 Posts
What's with all the stretchy timing chains these days. Every other week we were seeing cars come into the VW dealership where I worked with stretched chains (avoid VW TSi engines). It's something that was pretty much unheard of 10 years ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think the timing chain is stretched as the car work great. Just can't get the engine light to stay out. Its been 6 months since first came on still works like a new car.. will have to look for the screen filter to see if its plugged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts