Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the clutch pedal on the floor when driving on motorway / freeway, that was a surprise. Could lift pedal with toe and made it home, although pedal generally needed a "pre-pump" before pressing fully down to release the clutch. Clutch "action" now close to floor.

No hydraulic fluid loss from the combined brake/clutch hydraulic fluid reservoir, so unlikely to be a seal on the slave cylinder (?).

Car has done 90k miles from new, I'm assuming master cylinder, any other suggestions please!

·
Registered
23 Posts
i posted about my experience with this about a month ago:

Found the clutch pedal on the floor when driving on motorway / freeway, that was a surprise. Could lift pedal with toe and made it home, although pedal generally needed a "pre-pump" before pressing fully down to release the clutch. Clutch "action" now close to floor.

No hydraulic fluid loss from the combined brake/clutch hydraulic fluid reservoir, so unlikely to be a seal on the slave cylinder (?).

Car has done 90k miles from new, I'm assuming master cylinder, any other suggestions please!

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is another useful thread here:

The reverse bleeding was an interesting idea that i had not thought of before (ie connecting bleed valve from nearest caliper to the clutch bleed). On SF they share the same reservoir so that should work.

i am thinking of getting another dedicated reservoir for the clutch system from another Hyundai though (i think its a better idea to have systems separated if possible).

Thanks rvborgh, I'll have a read through your thread

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the clutch fail in my Toyota SR5 pickup back in the late 80's. Drove into NYC and found a nice space in the street. End of the day came back and clutch pedal went to the floor without activating the clutch. Managed to get it home by shutting off engine at every stop, and starting it up again in 1st gear, rev matching to up shift. There was no sign of a leak. Took it to my friends shop. He said it was a failed seal in the slave cylinder, and he replaced it. He said it was a pain to bleed, but afterwards I never had a problem.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Fluid level dropping in the reservoir, so almost certainly the slave cylinder, this going to cost me ££££ :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mobile again, DMF, clutch and slave cylinder replaced. Still using the old master cylinder, will hopefully replace that in a couple of weeks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts