Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This is my first post. I have a 2010 Santafe Elite and have done 11,000km today. Everthing is going great, but I've just recently noticed a clunk coming from the front end on medium to medium-heavy breaking. It happens when i'm slowing from about 60km/hr to a stop and just as I stop, and just start to release the brake peddle, theres a mild clunk.

I was thinking that it was the ABS kicking in and releasing just before the stop and making the sound. It sounds far too front end to be transmission related, but i dont know.

Any ideas? Should I take it to dealer service, or nothing to worry about? The noise is intermittent, and 90% normal driving I cant reproduce the clunk - but it always happens under that medium to heavy braking.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (jsinton @ Jul 3 2010, 07:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338491
Take it to the dealer, it should be under warranty.
I've since done some testing today, and I've found it to be a knock when changing into 1st gear. It makes the same knock noise, when you change from reverse to 1st gear (with the brake on)

Does anyone else get this knock noise?

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
QUOTE (wardski @ Jul 4 2010, 03:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338686
I've since done some testing today, and I've found it to be a knock when changing into 1st gear. It makes the same knock noise, when you change from reverse to 1st gear (with the brake on)

Does anyone else get this knock noise?
I had a very similar knocking noise on my '08 model. The dealer fixed it under this 2007 TSB, attached. Sounds like there might be an ongoing issue with this axle washer being missing or defective.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update on this clicking/clunking noise.

Took it in to the dealer for a look and they found there were no transmission issues.

The fix was to add grease to the CV joint and tighten a CV Hub bolt which had not been torqued properly on the passenger side front wheel

Subsequently, the clicking/clunking noise is gone. Credit to Hyundai in Aus, they also found a few other things that needed tightening during the road test - all free and covered under warranty.

Santafe drives very quietly now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts