Hyundai Forums banner

2010 Santa fw SE fuel pump problem

758 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  sbr711 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
Hope you can help me.
The fuel pump on my 2010 Santa Fe failed and the connector that is part of the wiring harness got melted. My mechanic says that I have to buy a complete new wiring harness($1200 from Hyundai dealer)
He is trying to find a used harness from a junkyard but has been unsuccessful so far.
Is there any way that we can attach my new fuel pump without having to buy an entire new wiring harness?

#2 ·
The connector is a service part,, we sold a few already here recently.. Hyundai part counter person can look it up, but they need to ID connector from Hyundai ETM to get code, then roll that into part number

KET_09011WP_05F_GR_2 <------ Connector code,, present that to counter person at local Hyundai dealer,, They can look up and roll it into Hyundai part number,, we might have 1.. know more Monday

#5 ·
Fuel pump mconnector

The connector is a service part,, we sold a few already here recently.. Hyundai part counter person can look it up, but they need to ID connector from Hyundai ETM to get code, then roll that into part number

KET_09011WP_05F_GR_2 <------ Connector code,, present that to counter person at local Hyundai dealer,, They can look up and roll it into Hyundai part number,, we might have 1.. know more Monday

The Hyundai dealer can't find this connector code in Hyundai parts database. I would rally appreciate it if you can help me get this connector. Thanks

#3 ·
Sbr711 Thanks for responding to my post.
If I understand your reply correctly, you are saying
that should be able to buy a part from my Hyundai dealer
that will allow my mechanic to reconnect the fuel pump
to the wiring harness without having to buy an entire new
harness. Is this correct?

#4 ·
New connector with 5 wire come off it.. Fella will need to cut old connector off (leave 1/2 inch of wire out of old connector) and match wire from harness to nre connector for position,,,, as the 5 wire from new connector will all be black....

Fella better be good at neat wire splice and solder, cover in shrink tube,,,, NO strip and twist with wire nuts,, we want quality repair.... NO blue or red plastic cover u-mash'em barrels either,, that just poor workmanship

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.