Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am facing a couple of little but annoying issues with my new santa fe 2010 (UK) satnav system. Its a kenwood

DNX5260BT system which was bought and came as a pre-fit accessory from hyundai itself.

The first problem is that it takes around 10 second for satnav system to come up and this includes radio. I was

under the impression that radio will start blasting out pretty much straight away while sat nav and associated radio

controls will take slightly longer to load? Nothing major and I can live with it, but just wanted to confirm with

guys here.

The second and slightly more annoying problem is that when the key is at "ON" (the one before start ignition)

position, the satnav and radio/stereo come up (taking its usual time) but then when I switch on the ignition, the

satnav resets itself, i.e. goes off and starts again - meaning another 10 second delay. Now I'm not sure if starting

the car should mean resetting the satnav and stereo again. The mechanic at the local hyundai garage said that it is

normal because when the car starts, it cuts off power to 'non-essential' electrics in case the battery is low on

power and hence the sat nav has to restart. I'm not sure if this is correct? Anybody else with satnav on santa fe -

can you please check and let me know.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't have a nav system but having the radio, nav system and all other factory installed accessories shut off when you start the vehicle is common practice in that you want all the voltage and available amperage to turn your starter. Besides what is another 10 second in an hr., day, week or lifetime. To me it is no big thing. Just a little more time to smell the roses!!!

Think back a few years and your acc. position was on the back side of your off position so everything shut down when you went to start your car. It is just the last few years that the acc. position is in the same position as your run / start.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is standard, all cars shut down auxiliaries when starting, if they are not shut down they will experience low volts during start then a pulse when the engine starts. The alternator also then generates power at the same time, due to cheap voltage /current stabilisation in the alternator circuit the alternator can produce a pulse of high voltage that can kill the radio/multimedia system ( this also has cheap power surge protection) The Kenwood does seem to have a slow start up compared to a stand alone radio/CD player, my DNX5220 is the same

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you good men.
I won't pretend to understand all the technical details but it does make sense. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up my new car today with the Kenwood sat nav option, can someone tell me if the steering wheel audio controls should work (the broker I bought it off doesnt seem to know.

jim jobson

·
Registered
291 Posts
Steering remote should work, get the Dealer to check the additional box has been installed. My Clarion unit had a learning process the first time I used it in a CRV, was straightforward like plugging in whilst off and cycling the power - worked first time when I moved it into the Santa Fe.

Very easy for the wire to get dislodged as it's put back in the dash.

They'll sort it, if not let me know and I'll try help out.

Cheers, S

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, it is going back in the next couple of days so I will let you know how I get on, it seems to have another problem in that it seems to have been loaded with the North American Traffic subscription rather than the UK one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts