Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Santa Fe Limited. The rear seat vents give great A/C in the summer time but also great cool air in the winter. Does anyone else have the same vehicle and if so can you get heat to blow out rear seat vents. Living in Manitoba in the winter time with cool air blowing out rear vents is a bit of a problem! Anyone have any ideas or same problem. Next step is to contact dealer but I live two hours from nearest dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try taking the control for the heat off of auto and see if that helps , have you got a LTD Santa Fe???

Sorry just reread your post I have the LTD as well and it seems quite familiar what yourtalking about , I believe I took tghe auto off the temp ctrl and when ijacked the heat up lots of hot air came out .

I only put the auto on now when the mother in law rides back there

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 2007 and find the same problem of cool air (not Cold air) coming from the rear vents when in Auto unless I set the temperature way up and then it only blows hot air until the set point is met. Then the air cools down. I put it down to the fact that the ducts to those vents run thru channels in the floor and with low air flow the air cools down due to that. The same thing happens to the air duct under the drivers seat.

My solution is to close off most of the dash vents which forces more air to the rear and by doing this the temp. set point does not take control until all the vehicle is closer to being up to temp. Try this and see if it works better for you. (I am assuming that the temp sensor is in the front area or maybe in the dash.)

Fubob Love the comment about the mother-in law. Are you trying to freeze her out the way she does you. LOL

·
Registered
106 Posts
From page 4-68 of the 2010 manual (emphasis mine):

2nd row outlet vents (E)
  • The air flow of the 2nd row outlet vents is controlled by the front climate control system and delivered through the inside air duct of the front doors. If the door is open or not closed completely, the air flow of the 2nd row outlet vent is not delivered properly. Make sure the front doors are closed completely.
  • The air flow of the 2nd row outlet vents may be weaker than the instrument panel vents for the long air duct in the front doors.
  • Close the air vents in cold weather. The air flow of the 2nd row outlet vents may cool a little during heating operation. (Use the 2nd row outlet vents during cooling operation.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses everyone. I will tell back seat passengers to keep them shut in winter. Too bad. Would be nice in Manitoba to get some added heat back there. Oh well,everything else with our Limited has been great. After the three transmission updates and then whole new transmission at 12000 kms I mean! It is really a pleasure to drive.Great all wheel drive and even better locked in after our first winter storm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try this take off the auto contrl..... using the mode button put the air to vent only the upper arrow , when I do this I get really good heat from the rear vents ...not the same strength as the front but it is warm air ...

Dont tell the Ma in Law :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought it was only me. I took my Santa Fe in for service 2 days ago and the rear seat heating was one of the issues I wanted investigated. The service manager told me that the cause is the heating ducts run through the doors and in order to get heat to the back seat the front control needs to be on max heating for at least 15 minutes, after the car is warmed up. Apparently the front to rear heat loss is about 30 degrees in cold weather. So to get 80 degree heat to my daughter in the rear seat the front has to be at 110 degrees. Outstanding!

·
Registered
318 Posts
My 2012 limited having this same issue. Cold air blowing on a new born baby.. not good I had a service appointed booked for tomorrow but if everyone else is experienced the same issues I will cancel..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts