Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck needs new front struts. For quick struts I see Monroe and a couple of brands I don't recognize. Any feedback on these or should I just go KYB and do it the hard way.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just put Monroe quick struts in my 2010 Santa Fe. While the original struts dampning was fine, but the top bearing was shot at 70,000 miles. My friend and I installed them in his shop, and we were done in 45 minutes. I was told the KYB might be a bit firm. I am very happy with the Monroes, very good ride.

·
Registered
135 Posts
KYB struts/shocks I installed on 2008 Hyundai Santa FE were made in Korea OEM (same part number).
Couple years ago I tried to order OEM struts for a 2002 Elantra from Auto7 (sells OEM hyundai parts).
Could not buy all 4 because they stopped importing them. Bought struts from KYB and got OEM Hyundai Struts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered from rock auto and they had 2 part numbers available for the rear shocks. I ordered the more expensive rear shocks (made in Korea). I believe the other part number was leftover KYB made shocks before they started getting OEM Korean made struts/shocks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed Monroe quick struts, new Moog front end links (greasable) and front sway bar bushings. Truck has about 95K miles on it and this has made a HUGE difference in the front end compliance. Wish I had done this at 60K.
Thanks everyone for their input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts