Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2010 Santa Fe 2.2 Diesel automatic who is currently dying out and powers dies out when slowing down to either approach a junction or depending on the flow of traffic. There is no EML light coming on the dash, and after diagnostics no codes showing. I have removed and cleaned the EGR valve as there was a lot of suit built up in it. I have also changed the fuel filter and changed the diesel I have also added high quality additives in between all of this work. I have had it on long runs to clear it out but sometimes she belches smoke which doesn't smell of oil or fuel. The car is not putting out access smoke when driving and all functions i.e. turbo is working but every so often she loses power and won't rev and no faults found in the brain and someone advise me as to what is wrong with this car? She has currently 101000 miles on the clock and regularly serviced.

Kind Regards

Andrew

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Check the turbo boost hose for any splits or holes in the rubber, this is common on all diesels and would cause loss of power and smoking

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello

Thank you for replying to my add. I will certainly check this in the morning. You could be driving along and the next thing you would feel her losing power its worse whenever you have to slow down or stop at a junction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts