Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, does anyone have or have seen the cargo mat for the 2010 Santa Fe? My local dealer has none, they told me the most recent accessory book Hyundai put out was the 2008 version and all are online now, however the picture of the cargo mat for the 2010 at the Hyundai site is literally about an inch x 1.5 inches and all black and you cannot see ANY detail. I really cannot trust that the 2010 one is the same as the 2008 one in that accessory book. The picture is slightly larger but still very inadequate.

I want/need to know if it has enough friction to stop boxes and whatever from moving around. I have a few small boxes (same size boxes that printer paper comes in) back there and with even the slightest turn they move around like it's a pool table back there.

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
QUOTE (DuckSoup @ Aug 5 2010, 05:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347293
I want/need to know if it has enough friction to stop boxes and whatever from moving around. I have a few small boxes (same size boxes that printer paper comes in) back there and with even the slightest turn they move around like it's a pool table back there.
If the new one is made out of the same material as the 2008 cargo mat, it does hold boxes, bag's, etc from sliding around. Because of the popularity of this accessory, your dealer should be offering to get some in so you could see the actual product...it'd not like they will be stuck with some custom ordered obscure part that they couldn't sell.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a cargo mat in my 2007 which appears to be the same for the 2010. It works well for our needs and as said by the other contributor keeps things from sliding around and the tan carpet clean. The only reason I have one is I have all tan carpet in mine and is just a little dificult to keep clean so this mat works well for us.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the cargo matt and I store a lot of boxes etc in the back, I do think it helps keep things from moving around and it is lighweight and easy to keep clean. Only thing it does is sometimes slips toward the rear door and then the hatch wont shut right so you have to move it back forward frequently.

·
Registered
398 Posts
QUOTE (DuckSoup @ Aug 5 2010, 06:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347293
Basically, does anyone have or have seen the cargo mat for the 2010 Santa Fe? My local dealer has none, they told me the most recent accessory book Hyundai put out was the 2008 version and all are online now, however the picture of the cargo mat for the 2010 at the Hyundai site is literally about an inch x 1.5 inches and all black and you cannot see ANY detail. I really cannot trust that the 2010 one is the same as the 2008 one in that accessory book. The picture is slightly larger but still very inadequate.

Thanks!

Mike

It came with my 2010 SF SE that I purchased a couple weeks ago. My dealer (Hallmark Hyundai in Spokane, WA) had 6 of 7 Santa Fe's on the lot and all of them had this option. I love it. It isn't exactly sticky, but it definitely does a better job of keeping things in place than the bare carpet does. Also, I love how it will protect the carpet from stains and such over time. I'd definitely get it if I were you.

·
Premium Member
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T
335 Posts
Or you could get a rubber mat & cut it to size.
I purchased two door mats that I keep stacked on top of one another. There are the ribbed ones.
When I fold the back seats down I slide the top one over the seat backs to protect them.
Works well for me. I don't carry boxes back there but I do haul my tool bags & they don't move.

I had the factory mat in my 05 Santa Fe & liked it as it had sides that would trap liquids.
The one for my 09 doesn't have sides so I decided on other mats.

Bruce

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey all. Thanks for the replies!

They day after I posted this question I was in Syracuse and the Hyundai dealer there had one and I looked at it and decided against purchasing it. The guy in the parts dept and I both felt it might not do what I wish and keep things from moving around and to be honest I did not think it was worth what they were asking for it.

A few days later I bought a custom fit aftermarket mat online thru JC Whitney. I haven't gotten it yet (they took their sweet time and just shipped it yesterday). http://www.jcwhitney.com/cargo-area-liners...=d1079y2010t1j1. It better have the cutouts for the cargo net (as the OEM Hyundai one pictured above has. I must admit it does look great in that photo.

When I get it I will post some pictures. If it does not have the cutouts it might go back.

Mike

P.S. on a tangential note, I find it hard to believe that the cover for the cargo area (a tonneau-like cover) is STILL in development and not available.

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE (DuckSoup @ Aug 20 2010, 09:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350802
When I get it I will post some pictures. If it does not have the cutouts it might go back.

Mike

P.S. on a tangential note, I find it hard to believe that the cover for the cargo area (a tonneau-like cover) is STILL in development and not available.
What was the JCWhitney mat like? Did it have the cutouts?

I am using an '09 cargo cover on my '10. Works perfectly on the rear section, but the short sections from the bar to the to the seatbacks do not match up on the wider seatback due to a change in the center headrest for MY10. That is not a problem for me as I wanted the rear part and it works as designed on the smaller seatback. I checked at night by shining a strong Surefire light through the side windows and could not see down into the gap and see a white object I placed in back. Nothing visibel through the gap in the day. Besides, the parts guy at the dealer gave me a killer price since it was for an '09 and we did a test fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2010 cargo mat in mine. Haven't put large boxes back there yet, but it keeps a small box, a paperback book and two towels right where I left them. Nothing slides around, and I haven't had any problems with the mat itself shifting.

·
Premium Member
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T
335 Posts
Merlynsdad,
That may be true for you but we really don't know how DuckSoup drives.
For all we know it may need to be strapped down like air cargo...........Just saying

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (Vill in VA @ Aug 28 2010, 02:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352583
What was the JCWhitney mat like? Did it have the cutouts?

No, but it does have perfectly located recessed areas in all four spots should I wish to cut them out for cargo net attachment. I'd post a picture of it installed but right now I have it pretty much loaded up. Should have it empty in a week or two and can take a pic then and post it.

Works great and I really do not foresee anything sliding around on it.

Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (bnelsonr @ Sep 4 2010, 07:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354335
Merlynsdad,
That may be true for you but we really don't know how DuckSoup drives.

Like a raving madman! ;-)

No, I'm pretty gentle. Even take corners slowly. It really wasn't like a pool table back there, but taking a corner or hitting the breaks it seemed EVERYTHING back there moved around, whether it was a box of groceries, a new toilet (in a box) or a shoebox.

Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE (DuckSoup @ Sep 6 2010, 05:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354666
No, but it does have perfectly located recessed areas in all four spots should I wish to cut them out for cargo net attachment. I'd post a picture of it installed but right now I have it pretty much loaded up. Should have it empty in a week or two and can take a pic then and post it.

Works great and I really do not foresee anything sliding around on it.

Mike
Many thanks. Look forward to the photos. I have never been cheaped by JCWhitney, but have been surprised a number of times with name-brand quality equipment at generic prices.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts